Saturday, 23 April 2011

Book Review: Entwined

Goodreads Synposis
Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it. The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.

The Keeper likes to keep things.

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.





Heather Dixon's Entwined was one of the young adult books that I had been eagerly anticipating since I first read a description of its plot online a few months back. The cover is gorgeous, the plot sounded intriguing, and I've always had soft spot for fairy tales, so I pre-ordered a copy a couple of weeks before it was released. Upon actually receiving the book, the beauty of the cover far surpassed my wildest imagination! I only wish I could say the same about the plot...

While I enjoyed reading Entwined, it took me a long time to actually get into the book. It wasn't until around Chapter 14 that I found the plot to get a little more exciting. Despite the slow pace of the overall story, I fell in love with several of the main characters. I adored Bramble's mischievous antics, Lord Teddie's rip roaring manner of speaking, and Captain Bradford's personality, which could have been taken straight out of one of Jane Austen's novels! If anything, it was the characters who made this book the most enjoyable for me as the story went on.

Overall, I did find Entwined to be a pleasant and delightful read. While it certainly wasn't a "I Can't Put It Down Must Keep Reading Into The Early Morning" kind of book, I enjoyed Heather Dixon's reimagining of the fairytale of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. I'm sure many people who read this book will adore this novel much more than I have (especially based on a lot of the 5 star reviews I've seen on Goodreads). I would still recommend reading this book, however, in my opinion it is definitely a novel to get from the library rather than the bookstore.

Rating: 3.5 Stars
(I initially had it rated as a three, but a few days of reflecting on the book has made me waver between a 3 and a 4...so I decided to be diplomatic and go with a 3.5)

3 comments:

T.B. said...

Sorry this one wasn't as good as you thought it would be! It always irks me when a book takes awhile to get into. The characters sound like they have a ton of personality though! Oh, I always end up changing the rating I set for books :p

Yaseena said...

sorry to hear this wasn't a "can't put it down" kinda read. I love it when I find one of those. I love fairy tales too but for some reason this one never really grabbed me...The cover is super gorgeous though :)

Silvia Soulez said...

I'm so excited to share this testimony on how i got my ex boyfriend back after a break up. I cant believe it! Dr .Goodluck your love spell casting really worked! My ex-boyfriend ( is now my boyfriend once again) sent me an SMS last Tuesday night, wanting us to get back together again...and here we are! Yes, we are back in each others arms once again. Everything is back to normal but this time our relationship is much more sweeter and much more serious and we are both committed to each other. I just want you guys to know how much I thank Dr .Goodluck! If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., do not cry anymore, email him at: goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com or Add him up on Whats-app: +2348138654465,you can also visit his website:http://goodluck05spellcaster.yolasite.com.

goodluck05spellcaster@gmail.com
whatsapp or call +2348138654465
http://goodluck05spellcaster.yolasite.com

Post a Comment