Saturday, 16 April 2011

In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren :)


Entwined by Heather Dixon
I pre-ordered this book about a month ago and I was super excited when it arrived in the mail finally last night! It took every ounce of self-restraint to stop myself from cracking it open right away to start reading! I love YA fiction that incorporates myth and fairytales, so I'm interested to see how Heather Dixon interprets the tale of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. And the cover is twenty times more breathtaking in person then it is online! 


Austenland by Shannon Hale
I picked up Austenland from the library this week! I loved Shannon Hale's book The Goose Girl, and I am absolutely obsessed with everything to do with Jane Austen, so I can't wait to see what Austenland has in store for me! I was actually surprised about how skinny the book was in real life (its only 208 pages), so I'm sure I'll be able to read the whole thing before I go to bed one night!








The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittridge 
I also picked up The Iron Thorn from my local library this week! I put a request on it a while ago and I was excited when I finally got the phone call that it had arrived! I only hope that with all the books I now have to read that I'll have a chance to read this one before it becomes overdue! 

10 comments:

Shaylene said...

Austenland looks amazing! I love Jane Austen too :) You should check out I was Jane Austen's Best Friend. It's so good! Anyway, happy reading! :)

Chelsey said...

Omg Nat I am so jealous! I have wanted Entwined for a while now! It looks so amazingggg! =D
I can't wait for your review!

Eden said...

Whoa, Entwined looks GREAT! I must go search it up now. *scurries off across WWW* Happy reading!

Here's my IMM :)

Lea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea said...

Hi Natalie, I really like your new book blog! New follower here :)

I have been meaning to stop by the library to pick up Entwined, it looks so good, but at the moment I have about 20+ books sitting on my kitchen table to be read, so it'll probably have to wait haha, I look forward to hearing what you think of it though!

Feel free to stop by my online corner @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Have a great day and happy reading!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Entwined looks so good! i've been wanting to read austenland for awhile! enjoy!

abeautifulmadness said...

3 really great books. Entwined looks good. Hope you like them!

Yaseena said...

Hi Natalie! I'm friends with Chelsey and she showed me your blog...really pretty btw. Great list of book purchases for the week, but I was really eager to comment when I saw what you're currently reading :p I absolutely adored City of Bones!! Chelsey just told me I'm obsessed lol but I wanted to say hi and happy reading. Hope you love it as much as I did :)

Natalie said...

All 3 of these books sound awesome! I particularly want to read Austenland- it sounds so fun! And the cover for Entwined is beautiful!

L.M. said...

We seem to have the same taste in books! So I'll have to check out Austenland just because you did, LOL.

Post a Comment