Sunday, 24 April 2011

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren :)

The Iron King By Jule Kagawa

I picked this YA novel up at the library this week after seeing so many reviews of the third book in the series (The Iron Queen) popping up on blogs that I subscribe to on Blogger! The series focuses on Meghan, a girl who discovers that her father is actually a mythical faery king. I don't remember ever having read a book about faeries before, so I'm intrigued to see how this book goes!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Better Mother by Jen Sookfong Lee
I was really excited to discover a couple of weeks ago that I had won an ARC copy of The Better Mother from Goodreads.com! I have always had a soft spot for Canadian literature (like The Birth House, Water for Elephants, Three Day Road), and I'm sure this soon to be released novel by Jen Sookfong Lee with not disappoint! Set in China town of Vancouver, the plot focuses on wedding photographer Danny Lim as searches for Miss Val, a burlesque dancer he remembers as a child who holds the key to finally understanding himself.

12 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

The Iron King was very good. I have enjoyed the whole series. My Mailboxes are here at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

NoraBell said...

Hope you like your books! I've never read the Iron series, but I've heard a lot of good things about it! :]

Nora, The Bookery

NoraBell said...

Haha, and I'm a new follower :D

Bibliosaurus Text said...

The Iron King is awesome. I really enjoy that series! Enjoy your books :-)

Tenshi said...

hey, thank you for your comment^^
I do love city of bones, too and I can´t wait to read the second book in the series.
Nice IMM, too, and your blogdesign is cool:)

Cassandra said...

I absolutely love the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I hope you enjoy your books!

- Cassandra @ Wickedly Delicious Tales

Elizabeth said...

You will not regret reading The Iron King-great series!

Elizabeth @Nightmare on Bookstreet

Shaylene said...

Wow, both of these look really, really good :) I want to read The Iron King, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Happy reading!

Bookish Brunette said...

YAY us and The Iron King!! The Better Mother looks super awesome!

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

The Better Mother looks like such a fun read. Hope you're enjoying your books!

Alison said...

Fab set! I love the whole Iron Fey series. The first book is actually the weakest of the three - they just get better. New follower too!
My IMM

Chelsey said...

I'm really looking forward to what you'll have to say about The Iron King! I have heard great things about it =) Read soon!! lol

Post a Comment