Friday, 1 April 2011

Starting a Blog...

      As an English student I do ALOT of writing. It seems like almost every week I'm cranking out another essay for one class or another. With all that writing taking up most of my time you may wonder why I'm now starting a blog on top of everything else. For one thing, my days of essay writing will soon be gone as I'll be graduating from university within the next month. As much as I may complain about all the writing I do, I nevertheless enjoy it, and don't want the skills I've learned in school to slowly disappear. While I was at first skeptical about the blog writing experience, I soon discovered that it was a lot easier and more enjoyable then I had first imagined after I was given the task of creating one as a project for one of my English classes this past semester.
    
      Rather than continuing my blog for school, I decided to create an entirely new one which focuses on my own interests. If you haven't been able to discern what those interests are already from the title of the blog, I hope to use this site to post about my love affair with books and reading! I've been a bookworm for as long as I can remember, and I trust that this blog will soon be filled with everything from book reviews to lists of the drool worthy books I have yet to get my hands on. Overall, here are some of the goals I wish to make for my blog by the end of the year:

1. Write at least two posts a week (or more if I have the time!)
2. Read and Review at least 50 books (the reading part will be easy, the reviewing part not so much!)
3. Write/Email some of my favourite authors....and hopefully get a response back!
4. Chronicle any other stories, events, or happenings in my life (book related or not) that I find of interest!

Considering its already April 1st, and a third of the year is gone, I hope I can reach my goals! If anything, getting myself into the routine of writing will be the most difficult, especially when summer starts! Nevertheless I'm going to buckle down and give this blog my best effort....and who knows...maybe I'll accomplish everything I could possibly hope and more!




2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Natalie!! This is so adorable =) I will check it all the time!

Missie said...

Howdy Natalie!

Thanks for stopping by my place.

Your goals sound great. It is still early in the year so I'm sure you will get a lot of them done!

Happy Reading.. and blogging! ;)

Post a Comment