Wednesday, 13 April 2011

"Waiting on Wednesday" (1)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

Goodreads Synopsis
 In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a  conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she  loves...

I absolutely cannot wait for Divergent to be released in May! I am a huge fan of Dystopian novels, and the plot of this story sounds really fascinating! Having just finished reading The Hunger Games this morning (review to come soon!), I can't help but wonder how similar this book will be to Suzanne Collin's novel. They both seem to have the whole separation of North America into factions thing going on. Nevertheless, I will defiantly be in Chapters to hunt it down when it comes out, because there is no way I'll be able to wait on the already super long library hold list!  

14 comments:

Pamela said...

Ooohh this looks like an awesome book. I've become pretty interested in dystopians lately, especially because there's so many good ones coming out. Great pick!

Feel free to check out my WoW here.

Chelsey said...

Okay Nat you have officially become one of my new fave book bloggers lol. I look at this everyday =) So awesome!! I may have to do this Wednesday thing myself!!

Jill said...

Welcome to WoW!

Sarah Darlington said...

I really really want this one!

Sally said...

Not a fan of dystopian novels but I'm hoping this one might change my mind.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

TheBookGirl said...

This one is very popular this week :)
Hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

Karis Jacobstein said...

So excited for this one!!

My WWW and WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-and-waiting-on-wednesday-april-27th.html

Sally said...

I've already ordered my copy of this one. Just waiting for it to arrive.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

Crystal (Book Snob) said...

This book sounds amazing! Up until now I haven't really paid much attention to it cause I don't really like the cover, but reading the synopsis makes me want to pre-order a copy! Great choice!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Amy said...

This looks so good I can't wait for its release. Great pick. Not long to go now :)

Here's my WoW

Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

Mysteriousrose said...

Hi

I really want to read this book too! Great choice.
It's great to have something to look forward to, even though the wait can be hard.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm a new follower^^

My WOW for today

Have a great day!

Mysteriousbooks

Grace Fonseca said...

Been hearing so many things about. Just a matter of when I get to it. Love the background.

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

Great pick! I want to read this on too!

Paranormal Wastelands' WoW
http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_29.html

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

This has been so popular, I'm not a huge fan of dystopian but I might try this anyway!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

My WoW

Post a Comment