Sunday, 1 May 2011

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren :)

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
My birthday was this past Wednesday, and so I treated myself to a mini book spree! I've been dying to read Catching Fire ever since I finished reading The Hunger Games, and plan on devouring this one as soon as I've finished the book I'm on now!














The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Goose Girl was another birthday gift to myself! I read it years ago as a teenager and remember loving it so much that I felt the need to buy a copy of my own and read it again! Shannon Hale is by far one of my favourite authors, and I think the cover art on this book is stunning!














Anne of Green Gables Box Set by L.M. Montgomery
Ever since I was a little kid I have LOVED Anne of Green Gables! It is one of the very few books that I have read more than twice! When I saw this box set at Chapters a couple of weeks ago I ran home and hinted to my brother a couple of times that it would be a good gift idea for me....and I guess the hinting worked because I unwrapped it on my birthday! I can't wait to read this classic again as well as the last three books in the series, which I have never had a chance to experience yet!

7 comments:

imabookshark said...

First, happy birthday!!

Second, thanks for finding my blog, following it, commenting, etc :o) I appreciate it! I can't wait to get to Abandon! Right after True Grit. Maybe at the same time. We'll see! (And I'm following you now! Thanks!)

Third, I want to read Hunger Games soon! I have to start that one since everyone seems to love them. One of these days :o) Nice IMM!!

Bekka said...

Happy birthday!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love my library, soo much; they usually have books the week they come out. I can't believe I found all those great reads in one day though!

Also, I am super jealous of your mailbox. I've been dieing for a copy of Catching Fire, but I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback form. Sometimes I'm tempted to just buy it anyway, even if it doesn't match!

New follower =)
Happy reading.

Athena said...

I loved The Hunger Games trilogy; that's so great that you got Catching Fire. I've never read any of the others, but they are on my TBR shelf!

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

Happy Belated Birthday! and Catching Fire was my favorite out of the trilogy! Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

*New Follower

I Read Banned Books said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your great books!

Jen

Bookish Brunette said...

I hope you love Catching Fire! It's one of my FAVS!

T.B. said...

I hope you enjoy Catching Fire! It's really good, but so are all the books in The Hunger Games series :p

Post a Comment