Sunday, 22 May 2011

In My Mailbox (6)

In the Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap

I picked this book up at the library after seeing it come up on a lot of blogs a couple of weeks ago. I haven't read a historical novel in a while now, so I'm excited for a slight change of pace! The fact that its set in the Victorian period is a huge bonus in my opinion!













Matched by Ally Condie

While I was at the library this week I was also happy to discover that my hold on Matched had finally come in! As I've probably repeated a million times on this blog already, I am a lover of dystopians, so I have been dying to get my hands on a copy of Matched. I've heard mixed reviews about this novel, so I'm trying to stay extra neutral going into reading this one....











Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda

I have heard amazing things about Secret Daughter, and it has been on my to-read list for a while now! Like In the Shadow of the Lamp and Matched, I picked up a copy of this novel during my weekly trip to the library. I've been reading a lot of YA novels lately, so it will be nice to return to some adult fiction again for a bit.

12 comments:

Samita (Book Purring) said...

I may check out 'In the Shadow' at some point, I'm kind of going through a historical fiction phase :) I read Matched, it was enjoyable I hope you like it.

Life After Jane said...

I still want to read Matched but I wanted to take a break from dystopian for a bit. I've heard mixed reviews. Hope you love it!

Kristin said...

I picked up Secret Daughter two weeks ago and I can't wait to read it.

My Mailbox post can be found here.

Katie said...

I loved Matched, so I hope you'll love it too c:
Happy reading!

The Library Owl said...

I've still yet to read Matched but I've heard it's good. The Secret Daughter sounds interesting and I know what you mean about reading an adult book after reading so much YA. I like to alternate between different genres too. Happy reading!

Kelly said...

I loved Matched! I hope you like it, too. Enjoy!

Shoshanah said...

I can't wait to read Matched. I just know I will love it once I finally pick it up

Jacquelynne.Marie said...

Ohhhh! Another Dystopian novel ! I am excited to hear your review about it! ... You've turned me into a dystopian lover, lol. I just posted my first post ever for "In my Mailbox" today :) !

I love the library, I think I may have to start to go back and take out some books soon :)

Loren Chase said...

I hope you love Matched as much as I did. I've read the mixed reviews as well but when I started it I couldn't put it down. I might have to check out In the Shadow of the Lamp, I love the cover and I haven't read a historical novel in awhile as well. Have a great week! And thanks for stopping by!

~Loren

Crystal (Book Snob) said...

I want to read Matched so bad! I hope you really like it :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Yaseena said...

ooo good picks! I'll be interested to see what you think of both In the Shadow of the Lamp and Matched. I've heard mixed things about Matched especially but I hope you enjoy it!

Aisle B said...

Would you believe that Matched and The Secret Daughter are still sitting on my shelf - both waiting to be read. Arghhhh now it's time I pick myself and READ THEM NOW ;)

Enjoy the reads and I'm Canadian too! Montreal a la french with Tibetan roots ;) Vive la poutine!

Post a Comment