Tuesday, 31 May 2011

The Nine Lives of Chloe King to be a TV Series!!

So I discovered a week ago that one of my favourite YA series from a few years back has become a television series that will be premiering on ABC family June 14th after Pretty Little Liars!! The Nine Lives of Chloe King is a story about a girl who discovers that she belongs to an ancient race which possesses cat-like abilities such as enhanced hearing, agility, and retractable claws (very Wolverine meets Cat Woman). Unfortunately, a group of humans known as The Order have made it their vocation to track down and kill members of Chloe's race. The Nine Lives of Chloe King is packed full of action, humour, and of course an intense love triangle!

Having watched the trailer for the show on Youtube about ten times already, I am both excited and skeptical about how ABC plans on adapting this much loved book. I'm not sure I exactly like who they have chosen to play Chloe at the moment as her acting seems a little fake to me, but I'm hoping that my mind will be changed when I actually sit down to watch the full first episode. And out of curiosity was anyone else kind of disgusted by Chloe's claws too? For some reason when I read the book I did not picture them that way at all...more like Wolverine I suppose.

Anyways, I am really excited to see where this new tv series goes, and how faithful they stay to the book series. While I remember what happens in the first novel, my memory is kind of fuzzy regarding the second and third ones. I guess I'll have to re-read them sometime in the next two weeks before the show starts!

So what do you guys think of The Nine Lives of Chloe King? Have you read the books? Do you think the tv series looks good? I'm interested to hear what you have to say! :) 



4 comments:

kaye (paper reader) said...

I heard about this from Kristi at The Story Siren the other day but had no idea it was a series. I suppose I should have guessed. Is it a long series? If they're not too copious I'll try and squeeze them in before the show starts.

Jenny said...

Wait! What?! I was going to check out the series but I didn't even bother looking if it was based on a books! I better check them out!

ABCFamily said...

Thanks for spreading the news about our new ABC Family show! I’m really excited to see how the book is adapted onscreen. What do you guys think of the preview?

Anonymous said...

Is The Nine Lives of Chloe King going to show in Canada?! I started the book yesterday and I am already loving it!!! If anyone knows, tell me, please!!! Thanks!

Post a Comment