Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (4): Shattered Souls

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine :)


Goodreads Synposis
Lenzi hears voices. She also sees visions--gravestones, floods, a gorgeous guy with steel gray eyes. She knows she must be going crazy, just like her dad did. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't do anything to help, and the voices just keep getting louder, the visions more intense. But when Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, everything makes sense. 
Sort of. 
He tells Lenzi that she's a reincarnated Speaker--someone who can talk to lost souls and help them move on--and that he has been her Protector for centuries. But instead of embracing her abilities, Lenzi struggles between her life as the girlfriend of a sexy musician and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. Yet time is running out; a malevolent spirit has been trying to destroy Lenzi for ages, and he will surely kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon. Her choices are clear: Destiny or normalcy. Alden or Zak. Life or death.


I found out about Shattered Souls on The Story Siren's most recent IMM posting, and immediately fell in love with both the plot and the gorgeous cover! I absolutely adore YA paranormal novels, so this one seems right up my alley! I've read a couple of reviews of it on Goodreads, and it seems like most people who have been lucky enough to get an advanced copy are loving this debut novel by Mary Lindsey! Unfortunately, it isn't set to be published until December 8th, 2011, so I'll have quite some time to drool over it before I can get my hands on a copy. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to pick up an ARC copy somewhere....Anyways, I'm excited for this novel and can't wait to see if the reviews that I have read of the book meet my own expectations!

4 comments:

Jamie Manning said...

I'm in love with this cover! (I'm a bit of a cover whore, lol)

Thanks for stopping by my blog...I like the name (and look!) of yours, too :-)

Lisa @ Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

Hi Natalie! So funny, this was one of my top choices today too! Gah, so amazing! Nice pick! :)

Also, thanks for following!! I'm now a follower too! :D

Scoot said...

I've had this one on my wish list for a while, I think it looks great as well! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

Sandy said...

Aww December is so far away -sniffles-. This is also on my TBR list because I too am a YA paranormal fan and that cover is very lovely. Hey if you're lucky maybe the people who got ARCS will do a giveaway sometime this year and you'll win one.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog ^_^.

Sandy

Post a Comment