Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Ripple

Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she’s ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?








I believe that I first heard about Mandy Hubbard's novel Ripple from The Story Siren a few weeks back. I've never read a book where the main character was a mermaid or a siren before, so the plot line intrigued me right away! With the increasing release of mermaid related stories, it seems to me like they might just be the next biggest genre (not the right word I'm looking for...but close enough!), especially with the memaid love interest incorporated in the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie! Ripple is set to be released July 21st, so at least the wait won't be too long!

11 comments:

Loren Chase said...

Can't wait for this read! I've been waiting for it for awhile now and it's release date is so close! Great pick! ;)

~Loren

Kat P said...

I've never read a mermaid book either. Sounds like a really interesting read - thanks for sharing!

Lisa @ Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

I hadn't heard of many books with a mermaid protagonist either until this year! Ripple's on my TBR for sure!

I hope we don't have to wait too long!!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

A very intriguing concept...hope you enjoy it.

Here's MY WOW POST

Sally said...

Great pick. I am really looking forward to reading this one too.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

Bailey said...

I really can't wait for this one!!! It sounds AMAZING. =)

My WoW

bookchewer said...

beside aquamarine ( which i read in like 4th grade) i have nver read a meremaid book either! This sounds super intriuging! Can't wait to read it!

The Story Queen said...

Wow, yeah. It's been a while since my last mermaid book (if I've even really read one before). Thanks for the great pick! :)

It's always nice to meet a fellow Canadian blogger!

Jenny said...

Hey, this was my pick last week...or was it the week before? Anywho, I can't wait for it, it looks so good!

piscesmuse said...

I was absolutely not interested in mermaid stories until Pirates 4. Now I can't wait for this. GREAT PIC!

Ivy said...

Ripple is a great pick and a great book! I hope you'll enjoy it!
Read my review on it: http://ivyreads.info/2011/04/ripple-arc-by-mandy-hubbard/

:)

Post a Comment