Sunday, 5 June 2011

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren :)


After having been on the waiting list at my local library for a couple of months I was excited to finally get the call that a copy of The Postmistress was waiting for me! Although I haven't really read any reviews of this book, it has been a staff pick at my local Chapters since it was first published, and I never tend to be disappointed by recommendations from people who work at bookstores! And the cover is gorgeous!!! 




After months of drooling over this book I finally broke down and ordered a copy from Chapter's website (where it was discounted...yay!). Having studied Steampunk in one of my English classes I was super excited to see how it was incorporated in this novel. I started The Girl in the Steel Corset the day it arrived in the mail and now only have about 30 pages left, so my review will probably be posted tomorrow!



In order to get free shipping for The Girl in the Steel Corset, I needed to spend a couple of more dollars online. As a result, I picked up a copy of the first novel in Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid trilogy called Hounded! I've read a couple of good reviews about this book on other blogs recently, so I'm excited to see if Hounded is as good as my fellow bloggers have claimed!

While I was at the library picking up The Postmistress, I also took a quick look in the YA section and grabbed a copy of Shannon Hale's Princess Academy. As I've said many times before on this blog...Shannon Hale is one of my favourite YA authors! I read the Princess Academy years ago but can't seem to remember the plot at all, so I'm going to take some time to hopefully re-read this one! 

7 comments:

DeniseF said...

I found your blog from IMM. "The Postmistress" is a great book!

Grace Fonseca said...

The Girl in the Steel Corset was so good. Looks like you got some very eclectic taste. New follower.

Shoshanah said...

I picked up The Postmistress recently, but haven't had the chance to read it yet. Hopefully we're both in for a good read!

Jenny said...

I've had The Postmistress on my shelf for awhile but still haven't gotten to it. The Girl in the Steel Corset and Hounded are on my TBR list too. I'm excited to hear what you think of them.

Jen @ A Book and a Latte said...

I'm reading The Girl in the Steel Corset too. I'm enjoying it and find the technology/fashion fascinating but I'm not sure if steampunk is my kind of thing yet. I'm only 40% through it so the jury is still out :). Thanks for stopping by my blog! Here's my IMM! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

kaye (paper reader) said...

I am oddly hesitant to read THE GIRL IN THE STEEL CORSET for reasons unknown to me. I believe I have it on hold at the library, though, so we'll have to see about that. HOUNDED looks interesting, looking it up now!

Alison said...

Great set! I love the cover for Hounded. That guy is so handsome!
My IMM

Post a Comment