Sunday, 19 June 2011

In My Mailbox

This week was pretty successful for me in terms of getting books! Due to the Stanley Cup game between Vancouver and Boston, Chapters had a Canucks sale online where members got an additional discount. This offer was too tempting for me to pass up so I bought three books that have been on my to-read list for a while now! Due to the mail strike in Canada right now I didn't expect to get these books for another couple of weeks, but I was happily suprised to find them in my mailbox on Wednesday :)

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
Falling Under intrigued me from the moment I first saw its cover online a couple of months ago. I put it on my to-read list right away, but then sort of forgot about it until after my friend Chelsey from Bright Lights, Big City suggested I pick up a copy as it came with one of her highest recommendations! According to Chelsey the cover "feels like velvet in your hands," and it turns out she was right! It has one of the softest covers I've ever felt! I can't wait to get started on this one!









Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
When I first heard about Anna and the French Kiss I thought that it looked like a fun, lighthearted novel, but it wasn't something that I was completely interested in reading. My mind was soon changed, however, after reading so many fantastic reviews online about this book! Rather than passing it by, I thought I would pick up a copy and see if the reviews have been right! Hopefully I won't be disappointed!












Red Glove By Holly Black
Ever since I finished reading White Cat I have been dying to read the sequel!! After restraining myself for weeks whenever I drove by Chapters I finally managed to order a copy of Red Glove! I really hope this novel is as good as the first one, and I am super excited to find out what happens to Cassel next!













Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Before my shipment of books arrived in the mail I stopped off at the library and picked up a copy of Clockwork Angel to read, thinking that my order would not arrive for another couple of weeks. My friend Jackie from The Hardcover Harlequinn swears by this book, so I'm excited to see how good it actually is! While I'm craving to start digging into some of the other books I got this week, I think I'm going to start reading this one first since it's due back at the library next week!

12 comments:

Jacquelynne.Marie said...

Ok, I absolutely love how Chapters was having a discount due to the Canucks in the Stanley Cup that is just awesome! Secondly I love surprise like getting your books early when you thought they'd take weeks to get to you :) lol. Clockwork Angel, I swear by indefinitely, i love love LOOOVE it, lol. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Falling Under (if not just to see how velvety the cover is, lol) and surprisingly, Anna and the French Kiss, lol (I know I'm not the romantic type but this one sounds really good). Enjoy all your books! Great haul this week :)

Happy Reading!

★Leila @ Within Pages said...

I loved reading Clockwork Angel, cannot wait til December for Clockwork Prince!

I picked up Red Glove this week from the library too!

Looks like a healthy week! Happy reading!
★Leila

Beth S. said...

I think you will love Anna and the French Kiss. I'm hard pressed to find anyone who didn't! :)

NoraBell said...

I loved Anna and the French Kiss! It is a lighthearted novel, but it's powerful too. I haven't read any reviews on it that were negative!

Here's my IMM! Have a great week :]

NoraBell, The Bookery

Alyssa said...

I've read everything but falling under by gwen hayes, I really want to read it!!!


here's my IMM

Aylee said...

Clockwork Angel is amazing! Glad to know I'm not the last person on earth to read Anna and the French Kiss like I thought I was :) Happy reading!

Deea said...

Awesome books! I won Falling Under in a contest, I can't wait to get it in the mail! I didn't know about the cover, cool! Clockwork Angel is great! And OMG you're gonna love Red Glove! It's super awesome, I love this series! Cassel!*swoon*

Hmm... I'm very curious about Ana and the French kiss as well. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Happy reading!

Allison said...

I loved Falling Under, it is really great book. I'm excited for the sequel...the cover was recently unveiled and it was GORGEOUS. Have you seen it?

Also...Anna and the French Kiss is a brilliant read, I can't imagine anyone that likes contemporary YA not falling in love with it. I can't wait to see your review!

April X said...

Ooh I have yet to read Falling Under, but all the other books are amazing :D Anna and the French Kiss isn't really a book I would normally read either, but it was soooo good and funny, I hope you like it :D Red Glove is as good as White Cat (<3 Cassel...) and Clockwork Angel is awesome if you like the TMI series :)

DeniseF said...

Anna and the French Kiss is really good! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anti-Drug Reads said...

These are some great books. Thanks for sharing. Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi! I'm not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

Annette said...

Just like everyone says, Anna and the French Kiss is great! Don't wait! Thanks for visiting my blog, and happy reading!

Post a Comment