Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Born Wicked


Cate Cahill and her sisters are considered eccentric bluestockings—a little odd, a little unfashionable, and far too educated for their own good. The truth is more complicated; they’re witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it could mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave. Before their mother died, she entrusted Cate with keeping them safe and keeping everyone, including their father, in the dark about their powers. When her father employs a governess and Cate begins to receive notes from her missing, presumed-mad godmother, her task becomes much more difficult. As Cate searches for answers in banned books and rebellious new friends, she must juggle unwanted proposals, tea parties, and an illicit attraction to the new gardener. Cate will do anything to protect her sisters, but at what cost to herself?

There are so many things that have me anxiously awaiting this book! The first thing is that I haven't read a book about witches in a really long time now and this one sounds like it has potential to be really good! I mean mad godmothers, banned books and hot gardeners? Sign me up! I also absoultely adore the cover on this novel! I sadly suffer from judge a book by its cover syndrome and would probably end up reading this novel even if the synopsis sounded terrible just for its outer beauty alone. Born Wicked is set to be published in February 2012, which means there is still a long wait ahead of me! 

9 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I do love that cover! And it does sound tempting...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Jenny said...

I like the cover too and it does sound interesting.

The Reading Geek said...

This sounds good, I always enjoy stories about witches. Also I really like the cover.

Jessica Spotswood said...

Yay, thank you for featuring Born Wicked today! I'm so excited to see it being WoWed!

Greta is Erikasbuddy said...

Sounds great!!!

Help Paranormal Wastelands celebrate Waiting on Forever Week with a WOW worth howling for! And while you at it check out our awesome Giveaway for your chance to win not only books but jewelry!

Mariya said...

Lovely cover. I'll have to look more into the book =DDDDDDD

Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

PeaceLove&Pat said...

Love the cover! Interesting synopsis too.

Here's mine: http://tinyurl.com/3vbtez7

Sally said...

I've been seeing this one everywhere today. It's on my wishlist.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

danya said...

The cover is striking, and the description sounds quite fresh compared to most YA out there!

Post a Comment