Sunday, 24 July 2011

In My Mailbox


So my week started out amazingly and ended with a bang! On Monday I came home from a rough day at work to discover that I had recieved a letter in the mail! The letter was from my old high school friend Chelsey at ChellyBooks, who had sent me some bookmarks from a recent guest lecture at her college (including one from the Iron Queen!). I was super excited considering its not often that I recieve something in the mail... let alone a bookmark!


On Wednesday I picked up a copy of Enclave and Firelight from the library. I've been dying to read both of these books for quite some time, but could never justify spending the money on them (I need to save for rent now!). Luckily for me my amazing local library had a copy of them both when I was doing a quick browse of the shelves. I'm about halfway done Enclave right now and loving it, and I can't wait to start Firelight as I've read so many good reviews of it!


As I mentioned previously, my weekend ended with a bang when I went into work on Saturday to the great suprise that I had been scheduled to sell merchandise at the Tony Kushner lecture being held! While I didn't get to attend the lecture itself, I managed to purchase a copy of his play Homebody/Kabul and get it signed! I'll be providing a more detailed post of that event hopefully sometime tomorrow.... So overall this was a pretty exciting week for me in terms of picking up books! I can't wait to see what my mailbox will bring next week!

7 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Oooh, Fireflight looks really good! I hope you enjoy all you got! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)
old follower :)

Renu said...

Enclave sounds really good, I hope to read it soon. (:

Jenny said...

You lucky girl! My library NEVER had new books just sitting on the shelf. You have to put them on hold and no matter how hard I try I'm always twentieth or something.

kaye (paper reader) said...

I found Enclave to be a refreshing dystopian. I'm not sure how else to put it! It was clever. And I picked up Firelight today but I had so many that I had to tell myself no. It looks great!

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

oOo, I got Firelight recently too. I'm excited to read it and hope it's as good as everyone is saying :)

Chelsey said...

Awww!! You put the bookmarks up!!! *blush* lol. I will send you more if I get them!!

This whole list looks awesome! Firelight is so pretty!

Ikhlas said...

Awww I love letters in the mail! I'm in the same program and back in June/July, we got tons of bookmarks and I remember Chelsey tucking extras away...now I know why!

Post a Comment