Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Frost



After the drama of discovering that she’s a member of the Storks, a mystical order of women endowed with powerful abilities, Katla Leblanc is finally settling into her life in chilly Minnesota. In fact, the ex-California girl even hopes for a white Christmas. But Katla’s wintry wish unexpectedly turns into the snowstorm of the century, drawing the attention of Brigid, a gorgeous environmental researcher with an amazing array of fur coats and an unusual interest in Katla’s boyfriend, Jack. 








After reading and loving Wendy Delsol's first novel, Stork, I am eagerly anticipating its sequel, Frost, which is set to be published on October 11, 2011! I'm looking foward to seeing what is in store for Katla as a member of the Storks, and if any other characters with mythical powers will emerge in their small town! I think the cover is gorgeous and I hope the publisher's decide to keep it as it matches the first book in the series so well! 

12 comments:

Jules said...

Great choice :)

I still have to read Stork but I've read some really great things about it!

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

Have not read Stork, but the blurb for Frost sounds very interesting. Perhaps I shall have to pick up this series at some point! Thanks for visiting the blog! :)

Amy said...

I got this from netgalley, haven't got round to reading it yet. Great pick.

Amy@adumbrations

My WoW

tweezle said...

This sounds like an interesting read! I am going to have to look into the series.

Come on over and see my WOW for this week.

Jacquelynne.Marie said...

Great choice Nat! I loved your review for "Stork" I am excited to see how I enjoy it :). I absolutely love the cover of this book as well !!

Jacquelynne.Marie said...

PS: Enclave the one you're currently reading looks superb!! :) Tell me about it once you're done, lol!

Jenny said...

I haven't even read Stork yet! I better hurry. They both look very good.

Karen said...

Just finished Stork, was really surprised with how much I liked it! Definitely looking forward to learning more about Kat's powers and the Snow Queen plot.

BookJunkie said...

Great pick! I'm going to have to read Stork, so I can be ready for Frost when it comes out in October! See what I'm waiting on over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
Courtney
*new follower

AliyaPM said...

I really want to read Stork! Then I want to read Frost. They sound great. Nice pick!

My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-unbecoming-of-mara.html

kaye (paper reader) said...

I just picked up Stork today as I have Frost for review and they both sound really intriguing, and a bit different from what I've read lately. I'm glad that you're looking forward to the sequel which promises good things for me enjoying Stork!

Ikhlas said...

I hadn't heard of Stork before but I just goodread it (is that a verb? it just became one hehe) and it sounds so interesting!

I love rewritings/retellings of myths so I'm going to put Stork on hold right away! :)

Post a Comment