Friday, 19 August 2011

Follow Friday (1)



Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.
This week's question is:
If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?

My mind immediatly came up with two answers for this question. One book that I've dreamed of being a part of ever since the first time I read it is Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice! I would absolutely jump at the opportunity to be put in Elizabeth Bennett's shoes, if even for just a moment! Mr. Darcy just makes me want to swoon! In fact, I would be happy in almost any role in Austen's novel (except perhaps the character of Charlotte), just so I could experience Victorian England for a little while! 

The second option I came up with is X-men, which is actually a comic rather than a novel, but I've always had a secret desire to possess some kind of mutant power! Sure the human population may hate you, and your life is at risk from bad guys trying to take over the world, but in my opinion having mutant powers would be worth it! Whether its Shadowcat's ability to walk through objects, or Storm's ability to control the weather, I think it would be pretty kickass to be a mutant and work alongside Wolverine and Cyclops! Plus, I've always had a bit of a crush on Gambit...



9 comments:

Aimee said...

Those are great answers. I considered Pride and Prejudice too. I love that era. I'm a new follower. I love the cool feel of your blog. The lemons are great! Happy Friday!

Aimee
http://gettingyourreadonaimeebrown.blogspot.com/

Jenny said...

Yes! He's just so hard to resist isn't he?

Nimue said...

Great post!

I’m a new follower
My Hop

Izzy G. said...

Hi! I'm Izzy, and I'm just stopping by on the follow train. I didn't think about using X-Men for this, but I would so love to have a really cool mutant power as well!

Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

TG said...

Good on you for joining the FF. I guess nobody wants to be Charlotte because that means you'd be married to Mr Collins, right? :-)

Happy Friday!

Lisa @ Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

Wouldn't it be awesome to COMBINE your choices?! Elizabeth Bennet who can mind read? lol jk That would be super weird. But I love BOTH choices! :)

SweetMarie83 said...

Well hello there fellow Ontarian! I love coming across Canadians when blog-hopping, especially people from the same province! I haven't read any of Austen's books *gasp* - YET, but I'd love to experience Victorian England, too. And I love your choice of X-Men, having a mutant power would be cool for sure! Happy Friday from a new follower!

Lan said...

Sigh...another drool-worthy picture of Gambit. I like your style!

Ikhlas said...

Oooh Pride and Prejudice for sure!! I love Jane Austen's work :)

Only thing is, not too sure how I'd feel about the lack of hygiene in that era >_<
But it was such a romantic time....sighhh

Post a Comment