Saturday, 6 August 2011

"For The Love of Trees!"

So for those of you who do happen to check my blog regularly, you may have noticed a lack of postings lately...That's because I just spent the most fantastic week up north with my family! A bunch of my aunts and uncles and cousins rented out 6 cottages at Lake Shebeshekong in Parry Sound. This was my fourth year spending time at this cottage with my parents, and each year more and more of my family decides to come up and join us.
Some of my cousins cliff jumping

Over the course of the week we did everything from tubing to cliff jumping to discovering a huge beaver dam! There is something about being up north that is calming while simultaneously bringing out the adventurer in you! One thing is for certain...when you are with my family there is never a dull moment! While we were out in the boat one day we even almost hit a loon (which sounds very tragic but was hilarious at the time...one of those you had to have been there moments I suppose! Don't worry the loon survived!).

Lake Shebeshekong also happens to be one of my favourite places to curl up with a good book and soak up the sunshine! Luckily I brought a whole library up north with me and managed to whip through 3 books over the course of the week: Oryx and Crake, The Summer I Turned Pretty, and Hex Hall. I'll hopefully find time to post my reviews of each of these fantastic reads sometime this week!

Overall my time spent at Shebe with my family was one to remember! It was the perfect way to kick off my summer now that I am officially finished working! I now have a month left to cram in as many more fun days as I can before I get dragged down to London to work on my Masters... but I will definitely make every moment count!

Me curled up with a good book!
My boyfriend and I taking a walk on the beach

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I HAVE been wondering what you were up to. It looks like you had fun. I've always wanted to try cliff jumping.

Chelsey said...

Aww Nat this looks fantastic =) You and Tom are still so perfect together! Looks like you had such a great time. Cliff jumping?! You are one brave woman haha. Glad you had a great time =)

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun! I really want to try cliff jumping. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to do it when I move later this week. Glad you had fun, and glad you're back!

Erika said...

Oh pictures! Thanks for sharing with us. The Summer I Turned Pretty is a wonderful summer read. Great choice for beach reading! I am going to Algonquin Park in 2 days (the beach was just a warm up :)) so hopefully I'll have as much fun as you did.

Ikhlas said...

Looks like a lot of fun! :)

Post a Comment