Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming 
romantic comedy 

Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that’s just fine by her. She’s got her friends— the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She’s got her art— and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it’s hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they’re dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?


To be honest, one of the main reasons that I'm really excited about this book is the fact that it was compared to Anna and the French Kiss. I know it probably won't be nearly as good....but the story does sound really cute so I'm fairly certain that I will end up loving it nonetheless! I am also a huge fan of 19th century art....and just art in general....so I'm interested to see how this author incorporates it in the book. Speaking of art...the cover art of this novel is gorgeous! Anyways, I will definitely be pre-ordering The Fine Art of Truth or Dare when it comes out in February 2012! 

10 comments:

Lisa @ Lost in Literature said...

Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

Here's my WoW: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

Emma said...

This sounds amazing. Definitely adding it to my list. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Sigh! Now I'm going to have to add this to my TBR shelf. ;)

Karen said...

This sounds really great, I will definitely keep an eye out for it!

Bookish Brunette said...

I cannot WAIT for this book!!!
My Wow Post!

Sash and Em said...

this looks SO freaking cute!!!

Check out Em's WoW!

Also check out the GREAT Giveaways we have going on!

Justine said...

Same reason about Anna and the French Kiss. That's what caught my eye actually haha. I'm too excited for this. You're right: great minds! :P

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh this sounds fantastic, and I agree that the cover is totally beautiful! Also I notice that you're reading Generation Dead, such a fabulous book! Happy reading.

Karis Jacobstein said...

This looks so cute. Can't wait! Nice pick!

My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

Sally said...

Looking forward to this one too. Sounds so cute. Great pick.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-31.html

Post a Comment