Thursday, 22 September 2011

Artist Alley: Bobby Chiu

Artist Alley is a weekly meme that I have started in order to highlight some of the fantastic artists and cartoonists that I have come across during either Fan Expo or my hours spent of browsing the internet!

I first met Bobby Chiu last year at Fan Expo, and was super excited when I got to see his artwork on display in Toronto again this past summer. Bobby Chiu is one of the artists working for Imaginism Studios, a group of independent artists who specialize in movie pre-production and children's books. If I remember correctly, Bobby actually got to work on the pre-production of Burton's movie Alice in Wonderland! What I love about his drawings is their imagination and fantasy like elements. Here are a few of my favourites below (my boyfriend actually bought a print of the first one because he loved it so much!). You can check out more of Bobby Chiu's work on the Imaginism Studios website!

1 comments:

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

Wow. He's definitely talented! I can see why you like his work :)

Post a Comment