Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Book Titles and Bacon??

So I have finally broken down and created a Twitter account. After hearing about Twitter all the time on TV and in popular culture my curiosity finally got the better of me! For those of you who live in the States, it may seem odd to you that I have not joined the world of Twitter sooner. This may be a weird theory on my part, but I don't think Twitter has really become as popular with Canadians. Maybe it's just my small city, but I can count the number of people I know on one hand who use Twitter on a daily basis....

Nevertheless, I have fallen in love with a lot of the quirky and funny things that you can come across in the Twitter world. While browsing through some tweets the other day I came across the funniest topic trend ever: #Replacebooktitleswithbacon. Yes, you read that right! Replace book titles with bacon! I spent the next hour giggling to myself in my room over the hundreds of hilarious possibilities that could occur from such an occurrence! Here are some of my personal favourites below....


"What To Expect When You're Expecting Bacon"

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Bacon"

"The Girl With the Bacon Tattoo"

"Sisterhood of the Bacon Pants"

"Willy Wonka and the Bacon Factory"

"The Bacon of Dorian Gray"

"Confessions of an English Bacon Eater"

"Percy Jackson and the Bacon Thief"

"Anna and the French Bacon"

"We'll Always Have Bacon"

"The Curious Incident of the Bacon in the Nighttime"

"A Bacon Grows in Brookyln"

I need to stop now or else my list will be non-stop and take up half of my blog! Hopefully you guys found this as amusing as I did and don't think that I am officially crazy now! So basically I am pretty excited about my Twitter account now simply for the joy it gives me through Bacon. What do you guys think about Bacon Books? Do you have any other ideas for book titles or some favourite changes??

2 comments:

Jessica S. said...

That first one is TOO FUNNY. If it weren't so late I'd be LOL'ing, but I don't want to wake anybody. As far as changes go, my brother and his friend and I have this thing where we switch words out with the word "dinner". I actually rewrote an act of Romeo And Juliet and replaced words with "dinner". :P

Jacquelynne said...

HAHAH! Oh my gosh these are far too funny!! Definitely just laughed out loud and startled the dog awake, lol. I love "Percy Jackson and the Bacon Thief!" lol and "We'll Always Have Bacon" lol!! And of course "Harry Potter and the Deathly Bacon", lol.

Post a Comment