Saturday, 3 September 2011

In My Mailbox (12)

It has been about a month since I last did an In My Mailbox posting... but that's mainly because I've been trying to get through some books that have been sitting on my shelf for a while! This past week, however, I went a little bit book crazy as I prepare to move up to London to do my Masters. While in theory I should be saving my money for rent and groceries, I figured that books to keep me company while I settle in to a new city were worth the investment! Here's what I got...

The Maze Runner by James Dashner
This book was actually a going away gift from some of my amazing friends! They surprised me by putting a whole basket of goodies together to help me prepare for my move. Obviously they know me pretty well by deciding to supply me with a book! Can't wait to dig into this one!







We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
One of the first things I did after I moved my stuff into my new house was go check out the local library! I got set up with a card (which was free since I was a student...yay!), and browsed around the shelves for a bit. I was super excited to discover what a great Young Adult section they had, which was stocked full of several books that had just recently been published! I was especially surprised to see a copy of We'll Always Have Summer considering that I have been on the waiting list for it at my home library for over a month now! I couldn't resist reading it... so I checked it out and stayed up for the past two nights reading it!
Love Story by Jennifer Echols
I've been dying to read this book after I read a bunch of reviews from other bloggers online! I finally picked up a copy while at Coles this week... along with the rest of the books listed below. I have yet to read a book by Jennifer Echols... but I hear that they are usually pretty good... so I hope that it lives up to my expectations! Based on the synopsis it sounds like a perfect back to school book!





Room by Emma Donoghue
An old friend of mine who now works at Coles told me that if I did not read Room and absolutely fall in love with it then I was officially crazy. How could I resist a challenge like that? I know Room has been on bestseller lists for ages now... but I never really had any interest in it until now. I decided to trust my friend's opinion and pick up a copy to try!






I actually bought a third book but I can't for the life of me remember what it is! How sad and pathetic is that!? I brought it up with me to my new house (where I'm not at right now) and I'm drawing a complete blank! All I remember is that it is a YA book that I've been wanting to read for a while now... Oh well! Guess I'll have a nice surprise when I check out my bookshelf after I return this week!

13 comments:

KThomas5 said...

I must be crazy, I will admit I was not in love with Room, although I can see why most people are though. The other two books are awesome, I have been meaning to read them .

Renu said...

Maze Runner is amazing! Can't wait to read Love Story. :D

Kathy said...

I've read Room, interested to see what you think when you're done.

Happy reading.

chelleyreads said...

i really enjoyed love story and i hope you do too. great mailbox--enjoy all your books this week :)

i hope you can stop by our IMM this week.

-michelle

Shoshanah said...

I really want to read Room too. I'd imagine it would be a hard book to read, but overall think I'd really enjoy it.

Amber Griffiths said...

I love The Maze Runner, it's such a great book! I can't wait to read the next two books in the trilogy.

Books of Amber

Ivy said...

Great mailbox! I haven't read any of the books listed there, but I do want to read Jenny Han's books and Love Story! They sounds amazing!

Happy reading!

Zoe Crook said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog! Love Story and Room sound fantastic... :]

Michele//Just a Lil Lost said...

Nice haul this week! Room is definitely an interesting book.. I liked it, but I know some people who either LOVED it or wasn't a fan or found the subject too disturbing to even give it a shot.

Here's my (excessive) IMM this week! :P

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

Looks like you have some good books. I just got the last two books in the summer series.

Rebecca said...

Oh, The Maze Runner! I really can't wait to read that one, have heard amazing things about it! And I'm very curious about Room too. :) My IMM can be found here!

Kristan said...

All of your books this week are fantastic! Maze Runner is my favorite though, so I'm anxious to see what you think about it. Congrats on your 100 followers! I'm making it 104! New follower!!!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Yaseena said...

I'm super interested to hear what you think of Love Story. I've read two of Echol's books and am still on the fence about her. I really enjoyed one and was really super annoyed by another so this one could seal my opinion lol Hope you enjoy!

Post a Comment