Monday, 26 September 2011

TV Review: The IT Crowd

Despite the fact that tons of amazing new shows started up this past month, I couldn't help but turn back to this slightly older TV show for some good laughs over the weekend. Currently preparing for its fifth season, The IT Crowd is a British comedy focusing on the IT department of Reynhom industries. Moss and Roy are two tech geeks who spend the majority of their day trying to do as little work as possible. When their new manager, Jen, enters the department they are shocked to discover that despite what her resume may say, she knows absolutely nothing about computers! In exchange for helping them to improve their social standing in the office, Roy and Moss agree to keep Jen's secret about her lack of tech expertise. What results is a whole lot of funny situations!

In many ways The IT Crowd reminds me a lot of the original BBC version of The Office...and I suppose that makes sense considering its from the same producer! With a unique cast of characters that you can't help but love and laugh at, The IT Crowd will quickly become a favourite with those who have a quirky sense of humour. Moss is by far my favourite character! He is like a slightly less paranoid version of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. In a way, I suppose The IT Crowd is actually a close relative to the Big Bang Theory through its similar focus on socially inept characters with a love for everything nerdy.

Overall, although I've only watched the first two series of this show (there are only 6 episodes per season), it has quickly become one of my favourite comedies! If anything...watch the first episode of the second season alone! It is by far one of my favourites! If that one doesn't make you laugh, then I guess The IT Crowd just isn't for you. I would recommend this show to fans of British comedies, and those who have seen and enjoyed the BBC version of The Office! Here is a clip from one of the episodes below...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Natalie, can I come hang out with you?! I LOVE this show. I didn't know anyone else even knew what it was. I just hope they hurry and film the fifth season!

Natalie said...

Haha for sure we can hang out! I didn't know about this show until my uncle told me about it over the summer. He went to work in London for a while and got hooked on it so I went to Walmart and picked up the first season...so glad I did! I'm dying to get my hands on the third series now!

Lan said...

Thanks for the recommendation Natalie. I need a new series to watch and anything BBC Office related is right up my alley!

Post a Comment