Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Touch of Power


Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos. 

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life...

I'm super excited for this book to come out! The synopsis just has me dying to get my hands on a copy and start reading! I mean healing powers? Rogues? A plague stricken prince? Sign me up!! I'm really hoping that there is a love plot in there somewhere as well...perhaps with this enigmatic leader of the rogues? I'd rather take a rogue over a prince any day! Anyways, I really wish this book was coming out sooner then December 20th...but then again that is the perfect time for it to become a Christmas gift! ;)

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Ooh great choice. I love Maria V. Snyder's books and this one sounds like it could be as good as the Study/Glass series. December is not too bad of a wait. Hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!
I see you're reading Nevermore- loved that book!

Jenny said...

This one sounds so good! I haven't read Snyder's other books, though. :( I like the new look, btw.

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Someone else had this too but i had never heard of it before until today. It sounds really good though! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

Rubita said...

I liked the Inside Out books better than the Study series and I didn't like the Glass books AT ALL, so I'm hoping that Snyder writes best for a teen audience. Either way, I'm going to be all over this one!
Ruby

The Happy Booker said...

I've seen this pop up on several WOW posts now. I can see why, Maria Snyder is a brilliant author. I can't wait to read this one myself.

Donna @ The Happy Booker

Post a Comment