Friday, 28 October 2011

Follow Friday: Literary Dinner

If you could have dinner with your favorite book character, who would you eat with and what would you serve?

This is really a tough question... Let me debate my several choices here ....

Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables): With Anne around the dinner certainly wouldn't be boring! We could use our imaginations and go on some grand adventure, or take a stroll through the haunted woods. For dinner we would definitely have to incorporate plum pudding and raspberry cordial somehow! On the negative side though Anne has Gilbert's heart...which would probably result in some jealous rage on my part by the end of the night.

Peeta (The Hunger Games):  Over the course of dinner I would convince Peeta that Katniss isn't worth his time and instead make him fall madly in love with myself! At least that's how it would happen in my dreams. In reality he would probably be a pretty mopey dinner guest after all the trauma of the Hunger Games....but on the bright side, with his baking skills he could be the one to cook dinner for me!

Frankenstein's Monster (Frankenstein): I always felt really bad about what happened to poor Frankenstein's monster, so I would probably be guilted into inviting him to dinner. He always seemed like a fairly intelligent guy in the novel, so I'm sure we would have some kind of stimulating conversation, as long as he didn't spend the whole evening complaining about his creator! On the downside, if I remember correctly Frankenstein's monster spent most of the book surviving off of food from the wilderness...which wouldn't be all that tasty for me...

Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice): I've always admired Elizabeth's spunk in sticking it to Darcy when he treated her so rudely. On the other hand, however, Elizabeth was a little prejudiced on her part when it came to Darcy as well. I'm not too sure what we would have for dinner, but I do know that there would have to be dancing afterwards! 

Will Herondale (Clockwork Angel): Despite Will's consistent rudeness he never fails to make me laugh with his wit and sarcasm. I'm sure I would spend the whole dinner chuckling over his vast array of insults and witticisms. Plus, he is supposed to be super handsome, so he would definitely be easy on the eyes (unlike poor Frankenstein's monster!). For dinner we would have some kind of traditional, Victorian meal....whatever that may consist of....

So with so many great choices you see my dilemma! After looking at the pros and cons of each of these characters, I still can't decide who I would want to invite the most. This is probably cheating... but I think I would ultimately invite them all and instead have a huge dinner party! It would definitely be interesting to see how all of these different characters interacted with each other! Which of your favourite characters would you invite to dinner?

12 comments:

Cana Elene said...

I always loved Anne of Green Gables. Though I must admit, to eat lunch with her might be a bit dangerous, we might even get drunk accidently!
Just hoping through!
New Follower!
Cana Elene (Giveaway going on!)
http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com

Amber Hight said...

Wow, you have some good choices! Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites!! New follower here:) http://justalittleparanormal.blogspot.com

Sierra said...

Dude, no. Peeta is MINE! Ha-ha, kidding. But Katniss is so not for him ;)
I couldn't chose just one person, but Peeta and Will (as well as the rest of your character-choices) are just plain wonderful.

New follower! (I love your blog name!)
My FF

Jacquelynne said...

Awesome list Natalie!! :) I definitely agree with all of your reasonings, haha! Especially Peeta's baking skills and Will's never ending sarcasm and wit, lol.

Trish said...

ooh. Peeta is a good choice! wish i had thought of that!

Trish - My Friday Memes 

Kate said...

Wow, good answers! New follower!

Kate @ Epic (Chocolate) Fantasy

Jenny said...

That would be one heck of a dinner party. Elizabeth would be all prejudice of Frankenstein's Monster and Peeta would be wondering why you were hitting on him but casting jealous glares at Anne. Will would be insulting everyone and, no doubt, everything would end in a huge fight....Can I come? ;)

Angela said...

Hello I am a new follower to your blog.

I hope you stop by and visit my blog - https://griperangsbookmarks.blogspot.com

Kayleigh said...

I love that you included Frankenstein's monster! I always felt sorry for the poor guy, what an existence.

Natalie said...

Haha Jenny your comment legit made me laugh out loud!!
And yay for all the new followers as well :) you guys are great!

Sherre said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think it would be cool to have Elizabeth Bennett at dinner. She seems so funny!

The Book Heroine said...

New Follower!! <3

The Book Heroine

Post a Comment