Sunday, 2 October 2011

In My Mailbox!

So this was probably one of the best book weeks I've ever had in my entire life! This week I got a call from my mom that I had received a package from Simon & Schuster..... and guess what was inside!?! Drumroll Please................ Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare!!!! I've pretty much been doing a happy dance all week long! My boyfriend drove down to visit me today at school so he brought Clockwork Prince with him, along with a couple of books that I had pre-ordered from Amazon a month ago. I felt pretty bad over the fact that my poor boyfriend just drove two hours to see me and the first thing I wanted to do was rip open the cover and start reading! Needless to say I'm going to be starting Clockwork  Prince immediately! Here are all the other books that I got this week as well, including a link to their description on Goodreads!


Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
(December 6th, 2011)

I think you already know how excited I am about this book! I really loved Clockwork Angel... and I'm obsessed with steampunk... so I can't wait to see what happens!



Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

My pre-ordered copy of Lola finally arrived! Ever since I finished Anna and the French Kiss I have been dying to read something else by Stephanie Perkins! I've heard a lot of great things about this one so I am pretty excited!




The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

When I ordered Lola I also added Atwood's sequel to Oryx and Crake in my cart. Atwood has yet to disappoint me. She is a literary genius! I always end up drooling over her beautiful prose and thought provoking plots.




Perfect Chemistry by Simon Elkeles

After reading a lot of really positive reviews on books by Simon Elkeles, I decided to check out one of his books! I took this one out from the library yesterday after I finished volunteering at one of the children's programs that was going on over the weekend. It sounds pretty good!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Jealous does not even begin to describe how I feel about Clockwork Prince. Can't wait to read what you think about it in a review!

Lola is excellent. I am reading it right now.

Jenny said...

Oh, you better watch your back. People will be tracking you down for Clockwork Prince. ;)

P.E. said...

Clockwork Prince! AH! Have fun reading! I loved Perfect Chemistry. I hope you do too!

-P.E.
Tantalizing Illusions

Amanda Welling said...

Really awesome IMM this week! Enjoy all of your new books and have a great weekend!

Stop by and see my IMM & enter in my two new giveaways. I'm giving away 12 books and a swag pack!

Amanda
Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

Giselle said...

Lola is going to be amazing I just know it!! I loved Anna and really looking forward to this second novel.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads
P.S. I've also got a new giveaway on my blog for Remembrance if you want to enter.

Kristan said...

So LUCKY! I'm dying to read Clockwork Prince!!!! Hope you enjoy it and I'm looking forward to your review for that one =)

Here's my My IMM
Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

KThomas5 said...

Love it.

A Tale of Many Reviews said...

Yay for Clockwork Prince! Perfect Chemistry is really good too. Lola showed up in my mail box too. ;)

TG said...

So I really am the only person who hasn't read Anna and the French Kiss, aren't I? I think I'm going to have to just buy it; it is loved by so many people whose POV I trust.

Jacquelynne said...

Oh my god!! Do you know how jealous I am of you right now!! LMAO! :P I am still anticipating my huge order from Chapters of Silence, and Clockwork Prince .... AHH! You are so lucky!!! lol

Jacquelynne said...

PS: How on earth did you get a copy?!?! lol. Annnnnd can i borrow it after you're done :P

Post a Comment