Sunday, 16 October 2011

In My Mailbox!


Today marks the beginning for my reading week for University, and lucky for me I got a slew of amazing books over the past few days to keep me busy!

The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
First off the lovely people at Simon & Schuster sent me a beautiful copy of Alice Hoffman's new book The Dovekeepers! I have been DYING to read this story so I was super excited when I came home from school and found it waiting for me in my mailbox! Although I'm about halfway through Fateful right now by Claudia Gray, I decided to put it aside for the moment so that I could start reading this one right away. I'm about 50 pages in now and the story is already so beautiful and touching!

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
I have been patiently waiting for this book to come out for over 3 months now. I love dystopians....and the plot of this one sounds especially intriguing! A world where chocolate and coffee are illegal? I would never survive! I managed to pick up a copy of All These Things I've Done from the library and I can't wait to get a chance to finally read it!


Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Finally, when I heard that Chapters was having a 20% off sale this week I just had to stop by and do a bit of browsing. While I was checking out the biography section I came across Persepolis, which I have been meaning to read for a while now! Persepolis is a memoir which is presented in graphic novel form about the author's time spent growing up in Iran during the Islamic Revolution. I've heard a lot of great things about this book, and I love biographies, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in this story!

PS. This past week I started a Facebook Page to correspond with my blog! Inspired by my friend Jackie at The Hardcover Harlequin, I wanted a space where I could share other book related news, pictures, and tidbits of information that I feel aren't really blog posting material. I've come across so many things over the past few months that I've wanted to share with my followers, but it didn't really make sense to just post a picture or a quote without writing some kind of discussion to go with it. So I hope that you will all visit my Page and maybe even "Like" it so that you can get all the updates that I plan on sharing on it :)

7 comments:

Lea said...

That's awesome that you recieved a copy of The Dovekeepers from the publisher!!I've heard some really good things about that one :) And I totally agree with you-- I would NOT survive in a world without coffee and chocolate lol :D

Happy Reading!!! You can see my IMM for this week at the link below :)

~Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Jacquelynne said...

Awesome books this week!! :) I love chapters 20% off sale, lol. Although I didn't take advantage of it, lol. Lack of funds :P ... I hope you enjoy Persepolis! Tyler says it is great! Although if you're looking for a very good graphic novel art wise and story wise he says to read "Maus" :) Happy reading this week!

Natalie said...

Jackie: Yes I've read Maus before and loved it! That's why I decided to check out Persepolis actually :)

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I'm still waiting on getting my copy of All These Things I've Done! I hope you'll enjoy it :)

The Library Owl said...

Great books this week! I saw the dovekeepers in the shop this week and almost picked it up. I'll be interested to see what you think of it :)

TG said...

I've always wanted to read Persepolis. The movie was very good.

Alison Can Read said...

Fab set! I loved Persepolis. I've always meant to read something by Alice Hoffman.
My IMM

Post a Comment