Monday, 10 October 2011

One For the Money Movie Adaptation!

Although I heard rumours earlier this year that Janet Evanovich's romance/mystery series was set to hit the big screen, I never expected it to happen so fast! Her first novel, One For the Money, is set to be released in January 2012 with Katherine Heigl playing the leading role as bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. Although I'm not the biggest Heigl fan, I'm curious to see how this novel will get adapted into a movie. I have yet to read a single book in the Stephanie Plum series, but I've always heard that it contained the perfect combination of romance, mystery, and humour!

The trailer for the film was uploaded to Youtube two weeks ago and it looks promising! I'm definitely going to be reading the book now before it comes out (especially considering it has been on my to-read list for over two years now). If the movie is going to be anything like the book, then the plot will revolve around Stephanie becoming a bounty hunter after being fired from her job as a lingerie buyer for a department store. Her first target is Joe Morelli, a vice cop who has a history with Stephanie herself... "From the time he first looked up her dress to the time he first got into her pants to the time Steph hit him with her father's Buick, M-o-r-e-l-l-i has spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e. And now the hot guy is in hot water--wanted for murder." 

What do you guys think this adaptation will be like? Have any of you read one of Evanovich's novels before? Check out the trailer below! 





3 comments:

TG said...

I love, love the first few novels in this series. They are so funny. I have to say, though, that now we're onto number 15 (plus numerous specials), the books have become kind of repetitive, but I definitely recommend the first 7 or so if you want books that will make you burst out laughing every few pages.

There's been talk about a movie for at least 10 years or something and now that it's finally been made...I'll still see it, but I'm not as excited as I would have been back then. I don't approve of most of the casting choices. The main characters are supposed to New Jersey types of Italian descent and a lot of the jokes are poking fun at that culture. Katherine Heigl and Jason O'Mara don't seem very 'Jersey'. But I'm willing to give them a chance.

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

I'm so excited for this movie. It seems like a ton of people aren't fans of Katherin Heigl, but I adore her, so I'm even more excited for the movie. I love this series of books! There are way too many in the series, I think, but the first 5 or 6 are so much fun!

DeniseF said...

You should definitely read the first book! It's really funny.

As for the movie, I will probably go see it but none of the characters look how I pictured them.

Post a Comment