Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Black Heart


Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy. 

But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love.

Let's be realistic here...I'm sure anyone in their right mind who has read the first two books in this series is already counting down the days until Black Heart is released! Cassel stole my heart away in White Cat, and the world of the Curse Workers held me spellbound. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of con Cassel ends up pulling in this book. My only regret is that I won't be able to get my hands on a copy of this book until April 2012. Oh well! I'm sure that it will be more than worth the wait! 

7 comments:

Dea (IvaliceAlliance) said...

I haven't read the first two books in the series but I heard nothing but good things about them. I hope I get to read those soon!

Dea
Teen Readers' Diary

Kelly said...

I've never heard of this series. A series about the Mob?! That's awesome!! Definitely going to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by, following back!

Proserpine said...

Hi! I know the author Holly Black but I never read the Black Heart series! It sounds interesting! Here mine:
http://proserpinecravedfor.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-and-www-wednesday.html

Jenny said...

Tsk, tsk, look at all these people who haven't read this series yet! I can't wait either. I hate waiting!

Emily @ Books and Threads said...

I can't wait for this book either! The first two are just so amazing that I've considered just rereading them until April, but I suppose that'd be a bit silly. ;)

Cassel's seriously one of my favourite protagonists of the past year, and I can't wait to see how his story ends.

Giselle said...

Oh great pick! I just read White Cat a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. Haven't gotten to Red Blood yet, though.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

TG said...

I still haven't read this series! I've read other Holly Black books, though and really like her style, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this. Gotta get to it!

Post a Comment