Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Shatter Me



Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. 

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

I know that Shatter Me has been popping up a lot over the past couple of months in other Waiting on Wednesday posts... but I am eagerly anticipating the release of this book as well, so I just had to write about it! The first thing that caught my attention about this book was the cover... as always! What can I say? I'm a sucker for a pretty book! 

The plot sounds like it has a lot of potential as well, although I am always somewhat hesitant when a book is compared to The Hunger Games. Those kind of comparisons often lead to disappointment, so its sometimes safer for publishers to stay far away from them! I will admit, however, that the first thing I thought about after reading the first few sentences of the synopsis was how the main character sounded a lot like Rogue from X-men....so it seems as if they at least got that part right so far! Thankfully my curiosity about Shatter Me will soon be filled as it is set to be released November 15th 2011. 


12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Shatter Me sounds amazing. Definitely a read that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I don't know about you but November seems too far away. :)

Kristan said...

I'm in love with the concept of this book (as well as the cover!) I'm also a little nervous that its being compared to The Hunger Games, but I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. This is definitely a book I'll be checking out on its release date!

Rachel said...

If this is anything like a mixture of Hunger Games and X-Men, I will love it!

My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-25.html

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've really been noticing this one around, and the buzz is growing louder. It does sound very captivating. Page-turning. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST and
MY WEBSITE

Jenny said...

Yeah, this is one I'll definitely be buying the day it's released. Hopefully I'll actually read it soon after that. ;) And like it.

Giselle said...

Oh nice I read this a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. Hope you do too!!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads
Btw- I'm giving away an ARC of Legend and it ends tonight if you haven't entered yet. ;)

Brittani said...

I also chose Shatter Me for my WoW this week.

My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

-Brittani

Danna (Bananas For Books) said...

I LOVE this cover and I can't wait to read this either:)
-Danna

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

I'm SOOOOO excited for this one! All the pre-release reviews have been so good! I can't wait!

Jacquelynne said...

hehe, this one was on my WoW last week, lol. But I can definitely see why you're drawn too it and why most of us are all anticipating its release :) Fabulous choice Nat!

Sarah Darlington said...

Here's the key words I just heard. X-men and Hunger Games. Why have I not heard more about this before now? I like the cover too! This might just be on I need to be waiting on too!

Lisa @ Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

She DOES sound like Rogue from X-Men! Plus, I totally agree— people need to stop comparing books to the Hunger Games. It's just not fair to those other books...lol

Post a Comment