Friday, 25 November 2011

For Sex, See Librarian!

So the week of hell has officially begun for me at school! I apologize in advance for any lack of posting on my part and commenting on other blogs for the next few days. Apparently final projects are more important than reading and blogging :P

Now you are probably wondering what on earth the title of this post is related to! "For Sex, See Librarain"  is the title of a final project that two girls in one of my classes put together. They decided to study the evolution of librarian stereotypes, and how theses stereotypes are perpetuated in the media. Some of these stereotypes include librarians as spinsters or sexual icons. I thought it was genius! Check out their blog here with all of their findings! If you want to skip to the juicy stuff I suggest you read their posting entitled "Damn, You're Stacked Better Than The Library Of Congress: Sexy Librarians in Popular Culture." In this posting they talk about the sexualization of librarians in everything from Seinfeld to Supernatural to a commercial for Pearle Vision! I found it hilarious and interesting! Maybe that's just because I'm currently studying to be a librarian though....

Anyways... just thought I would share their project with you and warn you of my lack of blogging for the next few days!

4 comments:

Jacquelynne said...

AHAHA! This is hilarious! I love the sexual Pearle Vision commercial about the Librarian! :P Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

Cool paper! Good luck this week!

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing this! I'm getting my MLIS right now, too, so I love posts like this. :)

Natalie said...

Glad you guys enjoyed it!
And it's nice to run into a fellow MLIS student Kelly :D

Post a Comment