Sunday, 13 November 2011

Have you heard about Razorbill?

I love Blogger. Since I first joined this past April it has allowed me to share my passion of books with an amazing community of readers who have been so kind and welcoming. Putting this fact aside, I have always felt like there has been something missing. While I love the ability that Blogger gives me to share my own thoughts and comment on the postings of others, it has been difficult to interact with bloggers outside of the site.

Enter Razorbill. This offshoot of Penguin publishing, which focuses particularly on YA fiction, has recently moved to Canada and is already hard at work in helping to foster new ways for bloggers to interact with one another! Their new website aims to give book lovers a way to connect with one another, share the latest book news, and join in a larger conversation about books together! The best way that I can describe it is a combination of Facebook meets Blogger. Each member gets their own page where friends can leave comments, view their latest blog postings, and read their status updates!

One of my favourite features, however, is the forum and group options that are offered. Although the beta site has only been up for a few days, the forum has already been filled with some amazing discussions ranging from why readers are drawn to book covers to favourite fictional characters. If you are curious and want to learn more, then the best advice I can give you is to go check out Razorbill for yourself! While the website won't officially be launched until this upcoming January, you are more than welcome to sign up now and get a sneak peek of what Razorbill will offer. Just click here and don't forget to add me as a friend :D

What do you guys think about the Razorbill website? Does it sound like something that you would be interested in joining? Check out my screenshot of the site below! If you click on the picture you should be able to view it much better!

3 comments:

Kate said...

It actually sounds a lot like Goodreads, which is where I have most of my book talk :) I'll check it out!

Cass said...

Thank you, I just joined! Have you joined Book Blogs yet? Is basically the same thing and I love it! I've met so many new authors there. I hope this site grows too :)
heres the link to book blogs
http://bookblogs.ning.com/

Natalie said...

You both really should check out Razorbill! I'm hooked!

Post a Comment