Sunday, 13 November 2011

In My Mailbox!

Whenever I come home to visit for the weekend I always seem to end up at Chapters! I guess the bookstore is like my second home or something! Despite the fact that I told myself last night that I was going in simply to "browse" and not buy, I managed to snag a couple of really good deals that I just couldn't pass up!  I was lucky enough to find a hardcover copy of Richelle Mead's novel, Vampire Academy, for only $5 because it was banged up a little, and Steig Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo for $6 dollars! That brought my total purchase to just a little bit over $11! That's pretty much two books for the price of one! Woohoo! Anyways, I've been dying to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo before the new movie comes out, and one of my friends has been bugging me to read Vampire Academy for a really long time now, so now I can finally get started on both of them! I would say that this has been a fairly successful book week! What's in your mailbox?

12 comments:

Kathy said...

I loved both of these books. I am interested to see what you think of Lisbeth! Enjoy.

TG said...

Hope you enjoy Vampire Academy! I really like the series; it takes a different approach to vampire mythology than most novels. I would say that it's the second book that really shows how good this series can be, though, so don't be put off if you don't love the first one. Give the second one a try before making your final decision on the series.

Jacquelynne said...

I am very curious to see what you think of Vampire Academy, it is very different from your usual vampire orientated novel but still jam packed with action, romance, and of course high school drama! (It wouldn't be a Y.A. without a little bit of High School Drama, lol!) - And I also picked up "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"! lol Actually Tyler did but I am claiming it till he is done his giant paper :P

Chelsey said...

Omg -- you haven't read VA!? Prepare to spend a week in bed and $60 buying the rest of the series lol ..juuuust saying.

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

I love the Vampire Academy books, and the new spinoff series Bloodlines! I really hope you like the series, I like it because it is such a different take on Vampires. Happy Reading,a nd thanks for sharing!

My IMM

Jenny said...

Next time you go to Chapters can I come? ;) My used book store is horribly over priced. I've been harassed into reading VA too. I haven't gotten there yet but soon...I hope.

Natalie said...

TG: Thanks for the good advice!

Chelsey: You are actually the one who first told me about this series :)

Jenny: Of course you can come next time haha! Too bad you don't live closer! The chapters by my house always seems to have really good deals...its impossible not to buy something every time I go!

Giselle said...

Nice haul I loved the Dragon Tattoo trilogy! Book 2 was the best!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Rachel said...

I do the same thing every time I go to the bookstore. :) I loved The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo; I hope you do too! And the movie looks awesome, definitely looks like it has the same vibe as the books. Happy reading!

My IMM!

-Rachel @ Paper Cuts

Sarah (saz101) said...

I was really surprised by it--I wasn't expecting to--but I really enjoyed Vampire Acadamy. Hope you do, too!

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! Yay for Vampire Academy. I love that series. Enjoy!
My IMM

KThomas5 said...

loved Girl and The Dragon Tattoo, but I haven't read Vampire Academy. Heard great things about her.

Post a Comment