Monday, 14 November 2011

The Official Hunger Games Trailer Is Released!

Finally! Ever since the teaser for The Hunger Games movie was released a few months ago I have been desperately waiting for the official trailer to come out. While the teaser trailer was nice, it only made me more anxious to catch a bigger glimpse of how the director and producers have adapted the book. After viewing the trailer about three times already, my worries that they would ruin this great series have been relieved (for  now), and I am more excited then ever for the release of the movie in March 2012!

There were so many things that I loved about this trailer! First of all, as readers we are finally able to see the world of Suzanne Collins come to life. I think that the contrast between District 12 and the Capitol was made much clearer through the visual representation provided by the film. I also cannot even begin to explain how thrilled I was to catch a glimpse of some of the other characters, like Cinna, Haymitch, and Rue in this new trailer! These are three of my favourite characters from the series, and I would pay a huge sum of money just to see a movie about them alone!

What I loved most about this trailer, however, was that I was finally able to see some of the main characters in action. When I first heard that Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson were playing Katniss and Peeta I was somewhat hesitant. Being unfamiliar with their previous movies, it was difficult for me to envision them as the characters based solely on the few photos that had been released online. After the trailer, however, I believe that the casting director certainly knew what they were doing! Jennifer Lawrence appears to have the right amount of seriousness and maturity to successfully pull off the complex character that is Katniss. Hopefully I will feel the same way after I see the actual movie! 

Anyways, if you haven't already seen the official Hunger Games trailer then check it out below! If anything, the official trailer is just a slightly longer version of the teaser trailer....because now I want more! What do you guys think of the trailer? What is it about The Hunger Games movie that you are the most excited for?



3 comments:

Zoe Crook said...

It looks amazing! I am reading the first book and I am hooked - thanks for posting :)

Kelly said...

Eeee!!! I was so worried they were making this into movies - I didn't think anyone could live up to my expectations of Katniss. But Jennifer Lawrence (so far) seems to be a perfect choice! I can't wait!

caffeinejunkie said...

This looks like its going to be good! I need to read the book. Lol.

Post a Comment