Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: I've Got Your Number

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!
 
Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.
 
What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents . . . she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.

Yay for Sophie Kinsella! I can't wait for her newest book to come out in February 2012! Ms. Kinsella's novels are always good for a laugh, even if the story is a little predictable and sappy! I'm intrigued to see what kind of trouble this girl Poppy gets into, her characters always seem to end up in some kind of awkward situation! Anyways, I'll definitely be picking up a copy of I've Got Your Number when it is released, so that I can curl up in bed on a cold February night with a warm cup of hot chocolate and laugh my head off! 

10 comments:

Rachel Harris said...

I have to admit I've never read Sophie Kinsella before, but this sounds fun! I love books that make me laugh and have romance, too. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Mocha ღ Latte(Cupcake and a Latte) said...

0o0o! First time I've heard of this title. Sounds like one I need to dive into =)



My WOW:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday30.html

-Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

lsl_scrapper said...

I've not read any of the Sophie Kinsella books, but I've heard they are fun. I should probably give them a try. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Giselle said...

Oh! Sophie Kinsella is a Great author I loved all of her books. I didn't know about this one! :D

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Jacquelynne said...

OH i cannot wait for this release!! I have been dying for a good chick lit from Sophie Kinsella!! Fantastic choice this week my dear!! lol.

Jill said...

Me too! She's always good for a fun read...great choice!

Tribute Books Mama said...

This does sound like an enjoyable read.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Sarah (The Book Life) said...

I love Sophie Kinsella! I've been quite caught up in YA lately, but this one looks really good! Thanks for sharing :0)

My WOW

Sagacity Quest said...

First time hearing about this book but I've heard amazing things about Sophie Kinsella and her books. Great pick, the synopsis sounds good.

Chelsey said...

Sophie Kinsella is a hit or miss with me! I LOVED Can You Keep A Secret and didn't really enjoy Remember Me. This one looks really good though (and the cover is adorable), so I think I will make it the tie breaker!

Post a Comment