Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Undeadly




The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird... 

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper—and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. 

Within days, she’s shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts. 

Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with. 

To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly—against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally. 

I'm not going to lie...The first thing to catch my attention about this book was definitely the cover. It's gorgeous! And is it just me or does the girl on the cover kind of resemble J-Lo a bit? Anyways... The synopsis is equally appealing, and I really like the concept of the Reaper that the author has created. I'm interested to see how this story pans out, especially where this Rath character is concerned! He seems like he could be a potential bad boy with a heart of gold and love interest for the main female protagonist! Unfortunately I'll have to wait a bit longer for Undeadly, as it isn't set to be published until February 2012. Boo!

14 comments:

Cary Cheyenne. said...

This book looks and sounds fantastic! I'm definitely adding it to my Goodreads! Great post!! Here's mine: http://tiny.cc/vmmzs :)

JC Jones said...

Second time to see this one this week. Must be a good book.

Kelly said...

I see J-Lo in that cover! I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds awesome; great pick!

My WoW

Hollie said...

This book sounds fantastic! Plus, I have to agree, that cover is gorgeous! Great pick! :)

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

She does look like J-Lo...and the blurb sounds intriguing.

Here's MY WOW POST and
MY WEBSITE

Jacquelynne said...

Great choice! I love how you posted it on facebook, lol. I had to check it out after you sold it so well with the Egyptian Myth, love triangle lol. Great choice!!

Sarah (The Book Life) said...

This one is at the top of my wishlist! I love the idea of a school or reapers and the story sounds fab! The cover is pretty awesome, too :0)

My WOW

Giselle said...

I'm really excited for this one it sounds fantastic! Great pick!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Chrissie @ Once Upon a Series said...

I thought the girl on the cover looked like J-Lo too! This one sounds really good and I'm so excited about it! Great pick :)

Chey said...

Interesting! I think I'll add it to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

Steph: Short and Sweet said...

This book sounds super interesting! Adding to my TBR :)

Sophia said...

Sounds dark and compelling. I'll be sure to check this out when it comes out! :)

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

I agree she's got a J-Lo thing goin' on. When I first saw the cover, I thought she had a tattoo across her whole forearm--now I'm a little disappointed it's just part of the cover art :) this book looks awesome!

A. Knight said...

Cover plus Rath equals a very happy Asher.

(And she agrees with you about the J-Lo bit.)

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Post a Comment