Sunday, 18 December 2011

In My Mailbox!: December 18th

With Christmas only a week away (YAY!) I've been busy these past few days getting together with various friends and family for holiday dinners and gift exchanges. For example, on Monday, a group of my close friends got together for dinner at Milestones and Secret Santa. My friend Jackie from The Hardcover Harlequinn had picked my name, and presented me with a copy of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (a book I've been dying to read!) and a kickass mug with a quote from my favourite show, Castle!  On Wednesday I exchanged gifts early with my boyfriend as well. A couple of the gifts he gave me included The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, the movie adaptation of Something Borrowed, and I Am Better Than Your Kids by Maddox! Obviously my boyfriend knows that books are the best way to a girls heart haha!

The cherry on top of my week, however, was a free copy of Legend by Marie Lu sent to me by Razorbill through the "Request it first for free" promotion occurring on their website! I posted about the new Razorbill website before here, but if you haven't had a chance to check it out yet then do so now! Especially if you are a Canadian because you can get ARCs for free! So basically, my to-read pile continues to grow... but I definitely can't wait to get started on them all! 





11 comments:

Kathy said...

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is amazing. I really enjoyed The Night Circus, it's quite magical. Enjoy your new reads!

Chey said...

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was amazing and I'd love to read The Night Circus! I hope you enjoy them!

NATURE HISTORY BOOKS said...

beautiful cover i been hearing alot about the unbecoming of mara dyer and the night circus

A Beautiful Madness said...

Loved Legend. It is amazing! I got it from Razorbill too! Hope you enjoy it!
Happy Reading!
Em
My IMM
A Beautiful Madness

Chapter by Chapter said...

I love that mug! And am dying to read The Unbecoming and Night Circus. Razorbill is awsome, isn't it! Great books this week :)
Thanks for stopping by :)

MaryAnn
Chapter by Chapter

Giselle San Miguel said...

Yay for Legend! That's on my to-read list. I can't wait to have time to read it. Razorbill is kind of awesome. I'm on there as well.


------
Giselle @ booknerd.ca
In My Mailbox #7

April BooksAndWine said...

Hah, I used to read Maddox's blog! I got my friend the Alphabet of Manliness for Christmas one year.

ALSO that Castle mug is SO awesome!

Happy holidays :-)

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

I loved Legend!! It was such a quick read and really interesting, hope you enjoy it! Happy Reading!!

Andrea
My IMM

Kat said...

Legend and Mara Dyer both look super good. :) I've been really wanting to read both! Enjoy your week!

westcoastsoul said...

Just signed up for Razorbill, thanks for the tip fellow section 3er : )

Ikhlas said...

Thanks for the reminder about razorbill, Natalie!! I've been meaning to do it forever and I keep forgetting...on to it now!

Also, can't wait to read your review of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer :)

Post a Comment