Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Dragonswood



Wilde Island is in an uproar after the recent death of its king. The uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is fraying, and a bloodthirsty witch hunter with a hidden agenda whips villages into frenzies with wild accusations. Tess, a blacksmith’s daughter from a tiny hamlet near the mysterious Dragonswood, finds herself caught in the crosshairs of fate when she is accused of witchery and has to flee for her life along with her two best friends. 

Not even Tess’s power to see the future can help the girls as they set off on their desperate journey, but she keeps having visions of a man wielding a sword. And when she finally meets him, Tess has no idea how to handle the magnetic attraction she feels for him, or the elusive call she hears from the heart of the Dragonswood. 

In this epic romance, an ancient prophecy comes true in a way neither dragon, fairy, nor human would have predicted


Dragons? Fairies? Witches? Sign me up! Dragonswood sounds like it has the perfect combination of magic and fantasy wrapped up in one (hopefully) amazing book! And to top it off the cover is absolutely gorgeous! I didn't hear about this book until it showed up on a couple of other Waiting on Wednesday posts last week, and I was super excited to find out that I don't have to wait very long for this book to come out! It's set to be released January 5th! Yay! 

12 comments:

Petra @ Safari Poet said...

I've heard mixed things about it, but it sounds great. Hope like it!

My WOW

Bailey said...

Great pick I came across this one on a WOW before and I thought it sounded really good! Can't wait to read this one! :)

Jacquelynne said...

Fantastic pick for this week Natalie!! I have had this on my TBR pile for quite sometime! It sounds absolutely amazing! lol. And yes I must agree this cover is absolutely gorgeous!

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds amazing. Definitely a great amount of fantasy! And gorgeous cover. Great pick

Andrea
My WoW

Sherre said...

I've seen this one around and I love it. The cover is gorgeous and the storyline is amazing. Sign me up!!!

Christa @ Hooked on Books said...

This sounds so good! I can't wait to read it.
I <3 books with dragons!

Lindsay Cummings author said...

yeah, this one sounds seriously awesome! the cover is amazing!

stop by my wow?!

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

Gwenny said...

Dragons and fairies? That does sound good! And that cover is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

My WoW is here.

Anna said...

This one looks sooooo good :)) I can't wait for it either!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

aleksandra said...

LOVING IT. THE COVER AND EVERYTHING, oh my. It reminds me somehow of Merlin the TV Shows. Which is a good thing. :D

Aleksandra from My Bookshelves

A. Knight said...

I love fantasy because it has all these things like its no big deal. Throw in a few dragons, witches, and it's all part of the story, totally normal. I can't wait to see where the author takes this book.

Have an amazing reading week!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Ikhlas said...

Gorgeous cover :)

Post a Comment