Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: The Fault In Our Stars



Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now. 

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault. 

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.


Prepare to be shocked... I have never read a single book by John Green. I know! It really is quite horrifying! I'm prepared to fix this situation, however, by starting with his upcoming book The Fault In Our Stars. I already have it pre-ordered and everything! This book sounds absolutely touching, and I'm sure I'll burst into tears at some point while reading. I first heard about it when I stumbled across a vlog done by John on youtube. He is hilarious and I've included the video below for you to check out as well (I'm now shamelessy subscribed to his channel!). Thankfully the book is coming out January 12th, so I won't have very long to wait! After I finish this one, hopefully I will move on to his other award winning novels like Looking For Alaska



9 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I STILL have to read a John Green book. I own two but haven't had the chance to get into them yet. Hopefully I can soon! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

Chelsey said...

This sounds amazing! He is quite the energetic man lol. Great pick =)! I've never read any of his previous novels either but I've heard wonderful things =).

Hannah said...

I've not read John Green yet either, so don't worry, you're not alone!!! This does sound fantastic though!

Hollie said...

This was my WoW the other week. I absolutely love John Green, I think the man's an amazing author. Looking for Alaska is amazing, although I think I love Paper Towns a little more. Great choice! :)

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

Haven't heard of this one but it sounds cool!!!!!! Good pick :)

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
International 300 Follower Giveaway

Jacquelynne said...

I have not heard of this book either!! Great choice for this week, I will definitely have to check it out!! :)

Lan said...

I haven't read anything by John Green either but I do come across a lot of reviews for his books. This one sounds amazing. I just hope there's a happy ending.

Arianna said...

I love John Green! His books are excellent - touching and funny. I'm excited for this one to come out. I hope you enjoy it and it inspires you to read his other ones. Please check out my Wow!

Netherland said...

By far, one of the best books I've read in a long time. I fell in love with the story and the characters; laughing and crying with Hazel and August from start to finish. This is really a story that will stay with you forever.

Post a Comment