Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Summer My Life Began



Elizabeth Margaret—better known as Em—has always known what life would contain: an internship at her father’s firm, a degree from Harvard and a career as a lawyer. The only problem is that it’s not what she wants. When she gets the opportunity to get away from it all and spend a month with the aunt she never knew, she jumps at the chance. While there, Em pursues her secret dream of being a chef, and she also learns that her family has kept some significant secrets from her, too. And then there’s Cade, the laid-back local surfer boy who seems to be everything Em isn't. Naturally, she can’t resist him, and as their romance blossoms, Em feels she is living on her own terms for the first time

Is it weird that winter has just begun and I've chosen a summer themed book for my Waiting on Wednesday post this week? Oh well! Now that I've finished Jenny Han's Summer series this past summer, I'll need to find some new beach reads for next year! This one looks like it has potential! I don't like that they've given away the fact that she gets together with a surfer dude in the synopsis (I like my romantic plots to be somewhat of a surprise), but this book sounds like it has the potential to be a good summer read! The cover alone makes me want to go lay on a beach and soak up some sun! 

6 comments:

Karis Jacobstein said...

This cover looks so fun! I will have to check this one out! Thanks for sharing!

My WoW

My Giveaway- Signed HC of Anna and the French Kiss

giddusadik said...

The cover is nice! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Giselle said...

Oh wow I love the sounds of this one it sounds refreshing and just a feel-good book!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Samual said...

Oh. I haven't heard of this book, but I like the sound of it. The cover looks pretty! I might have to check it out. Thank you for sharing! Great pick!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

Karen @ Book Light Graveyard said...

Oh my goodness, I want this one too! It sounds like it's going to be such a cute contemporary! Great pick.

Kelly said...

This is the first time I've heard of this book, but I definitely want to read it now! I love summer books. I just finished reading Jenny Han's Summer trilogy, too, so I could also use a good summer read.

Post a Comment