Tuesday, 31 January 2012

"I've Uploaded This Hug, I Hope She Gets It"

My friend and I came across this amazing video a couple of weeks ago and I loved it so much that I thought I should share it with you guys here on my blog. It showcases a beat poet named Marshall Soulful Jones talking about how the world of technology has changed the way we interact with people. Not a fan of beat poetry? You still need to watch it! His words ring so true I was blown away!


After watching this video I sat and thought about how much time I spend online or using my cellphone rather than actually interacting with the world around me. If people are this bad right now I can only imagine how disconnected we are going to be from one another in the future! Maybe Marshall Soulful Jones is right...maybe in the future we'll upload hugs to each other rather than actually giving them out.  What do you guys think of this video? Enough computer time for me today! I'm off to go interact with  some people face to face!

6 comments:

Jacquelynne said...

Wow! that was intense and so true. How will we be further along in the future if we're already this disconnected from everyone! I think I need to go for a walk now, hahah. Actually spend time in the real world instead of my computer, lol.

Anonymous said...

He is pretty amazing!! The cyber world just makes it so easy to get lost in... it's a sad world!!
Mlee

Jenny said...

This whole concept is scary. I hate even thinking about it sometimes. This guy is crazy talented, though. I'm impressed!

Chelsey said...

WOW. That is amazing! He is so right, it's freaky.

Ikhlas said...

Wow that was amazing!! Its so true, its sad. We all seem to be moving further and further away from each other, what with all the new technology.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Natalie said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the video as much as I did! :) He is definitely super talented!

Post a Comment