Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Chosen Ones



Sixteen-year-old Tess lives in a compound in what was once the Western United States, now decimated after a devastating fourth World War. But long before that, life as we knew it had been irrevocably changed, as women mysteriously lost the ability to bring forth life. Faced with the extinction of the human race, the government began the Council of Creators, meant to search out alternative methods of creating life. The resulting artificial human beings, or Chosen Ones, were extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly. 

Life is bleak, but uncomplicated for Tess as she follows the rigid rules of her dystopian society, until the day she begins work at Templeton, the training facility for newly created Chosen Ones. There, she meets James, a Chosen One whose odd love of music and reading rivals only her own. The attraction between the two is immediate in its intensity—and overwhelming in its danger. 

But there is more to the goings-on at Templeton than Tess ever knew, and as the veil is lifted from her eyes, she uncovers a dark underground movement bent not on taking down the Chosen Ones, but the Council itself. Will Tess be able to stand up to those who would oppress her, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?


Based on the synopsis of this book I think it could either be really enjoyable or utterly terrible. I'm hoping that it will fall more within the enjoyable category! I love dystopian novels, but their sudden popularity has given rise to a lot of story lines that aren't as developed as they could be. In any case, I love the cover of Chosen Ones, and it's little catch phrase "Love can't be engineered." I'll definitely be on the lookout for reviews online to see what lucky readers with ARC copies think of it! Chosen Ones is set to be published in April 2012. 

10 comments:

Bailey said...

Great pick this week! I agree the synopsis sounds like it could be either a really good book or not so much a good one. But like you I'm hoping its really good! Love the cover!

Jessi said...

I'm really excited about this one as well so I hope it doesn't disappoint! :)

Happy Wednesday!
Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

Kristan said...

I'm with you on this one. I'm hoping this book will be enjoyable. The synopsis has definitely got me interested, but its easy to get my hooked on a dystopian =) Awesome choice!

My WoW
Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Traci @ The Reading Geek said...

Great pick, this sounds really interesting. I haven't heard of it before but I am definitely going to have to check this out.

KThomas5 said...

i agree it sounds REALLY good, but I can see where it could go horribly wrong too!

Books Worth Remembering said...

Haven't heard about this one. I like the tag line too, sounds intriguing... :)

Anna said...

Ohhh yes yes yes yes I'm soooo excited about this one!! It looks absolutely amazing!!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Jacquelynne said...

Wow !!! This looks amazing!! :D You always find the best books! And this cover is gorgeous! I think it'll be one of this silky soft ones we love so much like Fury, lol!

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

Oh I definitely can't wait for this one! Entangled Publishing has some great books coming out. And I think the cover for this is gorgeous. Great pick!!

Andrea
My WoW

Ikhlas said...

Wow what a gorgeous cover! I agree with you, dystopian novels are sort of overpopulating the YA genre right now, and there are lots out there that have been done badly. Hope this isn't one of them!

Post a Comment