Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Such A Rush


A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers. 

High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother at the low-rent end of a South Carolina beach town. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her to fly for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out of the trailer park. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever. 

But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business--until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers--and the consequences could be deadly.

My Thoughts:
Notice how I put the first sentence of the synopsis in  bold? I'm not going to lie...that was the first thing that caught my attention about this book. Stuck between the love of two hot pilots? Yes please! I've only ever read one other novel by Jennifer Echols, which was really cute and enjoyable, so I'm doubly looking forward to Such A Rush. Hopefully it will be as "sexy and poignant" as the synopsis claims it is! The only thing I'm not in love with is the cover. Considering the story deals with pilots and planes I think they could have chosen a much better cover to represent the story. Anyone disagree with me? Such A Rush won't be hitting store shelves until July, but it will definitely be at the top of my summer to-read list when it does! 

6 comments:

Ashley said...

This is my wow too! I can't wait until it comes out! I love Jennifer Echols :)

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

This was mine last week!! Jennifer Echols is one of my favorite authors, so I get super excited when a new one comes out. Have you read The One That I Want? It's her newest one and it's great! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW!

Frishawn Rasheed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frishawn Rasheed said...

http://wtfareyoureading.blogspot.com/2012/02/just-sittin-here-waitin-on-wednesday-13.html This looks really good

Ikhlas said...

Wow what a gorgeous cover! But you're right, it doesn't seem to suit the nature of the book...sounds good though!

Laura said...

I've seen this book around and it looks really good. :)

Post a Comment