Tuesday, 21 February 2012

What I'm Listening To....

Like most people who inhabit this planet I LOVE music. Since I moved to London for school, however, the amount of music I listen to daily has rabidly declined. One of the main reasons for this is the fact that the radio stations in London aren't the greatest. Growing up in Niagara I never realized how spoiled we were by having access to stations from Toronto, Buffalo, and most of the surrounding area. Now I'm lucky to find one station that works in my car... the rest is just a bunch of static! Now the only way I'm able to find awesome new songs is through youtube or random links people post on Facebook. Despite this, I've come across a bunch of awesome artists and songs lately that I wanted to share with you all! You'll notice that my music tastes are pretty broad, but hopefully you'll find something below that you can enjoy as well!

1. "We Are Young" by FUN



One of my friends from school posted a link on Twitter to FUN's homepage and I fell head over heels in love with them! I've already purchased their latest cd through iTunes! "We Are Young" is by far my favourite song by them, but you should definitely check out "Some Nights" and "Carry On" by them too if you enjoy the song above! If you think it sounds familiar its because their song was recently used in one of the car commercials featured during the superbowl! 

2. "Ho Hey" by The Lumineers

I first heard this song at the end of an episode for Hart of Dixie back in January. Kind of has a bit of a country/alternative sound to it. I loved it so much I did an intense Google search to find out what it was called so that I could download it. Unfortunately the song won't be available on iTunes until March, so for now I have to go to Youtube whenever I want to listen to it!

3. "All About Us" by He is We

The same friend that showed me FUN also recommended this song from He is We to me one night when we were having a TLC marathon at my house. We were watching Say Yes to the Dress and I guess it reminded her of this song for some reason! Anyways...long story short, I love it! I think it's really sweet and light, and it makes me want to go for a walk outside in the sunshine (that is if it were spring right now...). 

4. "Shadows" by Lindsey Stirling

If you haven't seen Lindsey Sterling's youtube channel yet you are missing out BIG TIME! She shows that how kickass the violin can actually be and her dance moves are awesome! Whenever I listen to one of her songs I can't stop myself from tapping my foot! "Shadows" is just one of my many favourite songs by her! Also check out her rendition of Lord of the Rings and the music from Zelda! 

What do you guys think about these four songs I've shared with you? Do you have any recent favourites that you think I would love? If yes, please share them below! I'd love to check them out! 

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I just discovered We Are Young too. Thank goodness for commercials and TV shows. That's where I find most of my songs.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

The "We Are Young" music video was a commercial! Great shots of the Window's phone (I'm pretty sure that’s what it is). Was their video that expensive to film when they just sing on stage that they needed product placement to pay for it? Love the song though.

Benji said...

I didn't watch the superbowl. I don't even have access to television. I still think the "We Are Young" sounds familiar... the chorus anyway. Like something from decades ago. Wikipedia has a vague answer:

“Parts of the song were originally composed by a Brazilian gospel band.”

Post a Comment