Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Iron Wyrm Affair


Emma Bannon, a sorceress in the service of the Empire, has a mission: to protect Archibald Clare, a failed, unregistered mentath. His skills of deduction are legendary, and his own sorcery is not inconsiderable. It doesn’t much help that they dislike each other, or that Emma's Shield, Mikal, might just be a traitor himself. In an alternate London where illogical magic has turned the Industrial Revolution on its head, Emma and Clare now face hostility, treason, cannon fire, black sorcery, and the problem of reliably finding hansom cabs. The game is afoot…

I know this book shouldn't technically be considered a "Waiting on Wednesday" selection since I received an ARC copy of it two weeks ago....but because The Iron Wyrm Affair doesn't come out until August 2012 it still counts right? Besides, I just can't help but gush about this book  because I am so damn excited to read it!! It seems like a perfect combination of sorcery, mystery, steampunk, and perhaps a bit of romance?! It's almost like a steampunk version of Sherlock Holmes! And bear with me for a moment while I let the cover snob part of my personality rear its ugly head...but I think that the cover is absolutely gorgeous! I'm trying to hold off reading it until closer to the publication date, but we'll see if that actually ends up happening. What do you guys think? Sound like something you would want to read? Do you like steampunk stories?

PS. For those of you who don't already know, I am having a Giveaway to celebrate my one year blogversary next week! Just click here to enter! You can win ANY book of your choice! That's right...ANY book! Had your eye on The Fault in Our Stars? Been drooling over Clockwork Prince? No problem! Just click the link below, enter the contest, and if you win I will contact you to find out what book you'd like to receive! Good luck! And in the tradition of The Hunger Games...may the odds be ever in your favour!

4 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Ooooh that look really good! I love the cover! Great choice :)

Here's my IMM!

Jacquelynne said...

Alright well I couldn't wait till home to check this out so I am sneaking a peak right now :P I absolutely LOVE the cover - how could you not just want to rave about how gorgeous it is! And it defintiely reminded me straight away of Sherlock Holmes! Fantastic choice for your waiting on wednesday!

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

I am so excited to read this one as well! I got a copy to review, and I am so anxious to get to it (but so many others to read first).

My WoW

Ikhlas said...

This looks so good! So jealous that you already got a copy :D

Post a Comment