Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: The Friday Society




Be your own hero . . .
An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns--and the heroines who use them all. Set in Edwardian London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder--and the crimes they believe may be connected to it--without calling too much attention to themselves.

Told with Adrienne Kress's sharp wit and a great deal of irreverence, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike--well, relatively ladylike--heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.

My Thoughts: 
I am literally drooling over this book. It has everything that I love in it: kickass heroines, mystery, murder, and steampunk! The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress is definitely right up my alley! I'm super curious to see what direction the plot will take and how the title of the book (which I love) fits into the story. Every time I look at the cover I just want to tear it open and start reading! Unfortunately for me, The Friday Society will not be published until December 2012....which means I have a LONG time to wait! Boo! Until then I will continue to admire it from afar and pray to the book gods that I will somehow be able to get an ARC copy! A girl can dream right? So what do you guys think? Does The Friday Society sound like something you would love to get your hands on?

8 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

wow, this looks awesome!!

Andrea @ Cozy Up said...

I haven't read that much steampunk, but what I have read it is an awesome genre. This book definitely sounds and looks awesome! Great pick!

My WoW

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, this looks like something I should explore. Thanks for sharing....

Here's MY WOW POST

Chelsey Lynn said...

Wow!! This book looks aHMazing!!!! I will definitely have to add it to the list :)

Chelsey@My WoW

(New Follower btw)!!

Dani said...

I want this book as well!

Thanks for sharing,
Dani
WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1983

Paige said...

I hadn't heard of this one until now and it sounds really interesting. Great choice, here's my WoW!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

The cover is great :D

Stéphanie said...

I'm so waiting on this one too. Sounds pretty great and I'm loving the cover characters. Steampunk is awesome.

Post a Comment