Friday, 4 May 2012

May The Fourth Be With You!



I have a confession to make...I'm a Star Wars geek. A BIG Star Wars geek. May the 4th might as well be a national holiday to me! Despite my own deep love for this saga, I can't help but wonder...what is it about Star Wars that generations of fans find so appealing?? Is it the action? The adventure? The wookies? Definitely the wookies. But seriously, I don't think this is a question that will ever be fully answered or understood. If someone were to ask me why I loved Star Wars so much, I would probably draw a big blank.

The closest reason that I can grasp is that I love the culture that has arisen out of Star Wars. The collectibles, costumes, parodies, pop culture references, debates over whether Han or Greedo shot first (Han, I don't care what George Lucas says), all of these things continue to make the world of Star Wars entertaining even though the films wrapped up years ago! So in honour of May the 4th, I've posted a couple of my favourite Star Wars parodies to give you a good laugh. The first one is from the Robot Chicken Star Wars special that is a MUST watch for any Star Wars fan! It's probably one of the funniest things I have ever watched! Have a favourite Star Wars parody or moment? Let me know in the comments below!

1. Robot Chicken: The Emperor's Phone Call


2. Galactic Empire State of Mind



3. Star Wars Volkswagon



7 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, definitely the Wookies. ;) I love Star Wars and all the silly spin off parodies. Love the Robot Chicken parodies and The Family Guy ones too! Thanks for the laugh, I hadn't seen that Volvo commercial before.

Anne said...

Love that Volkswagon commercial- so cute!!!

Christa @ Hooked on Books said...

Love this post!! I'm also a huge Star wars nerd and love this holiday. I'm watching the movies right now.

Natalie said...

Yes!! The Family Guy parodies are sooo good too Jenny! I'm surprised you and Anne haven't seen the Volvo commercial before! Its on TV all the time in Canada! There is a second version too thats just as funny!

Ikhlas said...

To be honest, I've never understood the Star Wars hype. I've never seen the movies and so don't understand the culture or the references (something about May 4th yesterday?) lol.

But I have a feeling other people (read: children of this new generation) will be the same as me about Harry Potter.

But I love that Volvo commercial...it's hilarious!

Ikhlas said...

Whoops, I meant Volkswagon...don't know why I always confuse them -_-

My anxious life said...

I love this day!!

Angie

Post a Comment