Saturday, 12 May 2012

Stacking the Shelves: May 12th, 2012

In case you haven't noticed, I've switched over from doing In My Mailbox postings to Stacking the Shelves (for reasons I'm sure most of you are aware of so I won't get into the dirty details). Stacking the Shelves is primarily the same thing, but its being hosted by the wonderful Tynga from Tynga's Reviews! As much as I wanted to do a vlog to share all of the AMAZING books I got this past week, I'm already swamped with homework and I've only been back to school for four days! Looks like my summer is going to be fun and homework filled! Yay!*note the sarcasm*  So, without further ado, here is a quick rundown of the books I got this week....

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My friend Jackie from The Hardcover Obsession was super amazing and pre-ordered me a copy of Insurgent for my birthday! Needless to say I went to Coles to pick it up the day it came out and inhaled it within the course of a weekend! My review of Insurgent has already been posted, so check it out here!
The Taker by Alma Katsu
After hearing so many great things about this book from Chelsey and Ikhlas I finally broke down and bought myself a copy. And I am sooo glad that I did! The Taker has now become one of my all time favourite books! It literally took my breath away! Look for my review of it coming up this week!
The Reckoning by Alma Katsu
After falling head over heels in love with The Taker, you can only begin to imagine how excited I was when Simon & Schuster Canada sent me an ARC copy of The Reckoning, the second book in the trilogy! There was definitely a lot of happy dancing involved! The Reckoning will be published in June, so make sure you all go pick up a copy of The Taker first!!!!
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
I actually received The Golden Lily from Razorbill about a month ago but I kept forgetting to include it in my In My Mailbox postings! I LOVE the Vampire Academy series so I can't wait to start this one next! First I'll have to go scrounge up a copy of Bloodlines though...
Cold Fury by T.M. Goeglein
Last week Razorbill also sent me a copy of Cold Fury, which comes out in July. Apparently its supposed to be "The Sopranos meets Jason Bourne", so I'm hoping that it will be as action packed and exciting as it sounds! I love a good mob story!

16 comments:

♥Katrina @ Kindred Dreamheart♥ said...

Wow! Congrats! You've got one very highly sought after title and very noteworthy ARC's. Very beautiful covers & eye candy for your shelf as well. Hope you enjoy. Happy Reading!

Paige said...

I can't wait to get my hands on Insurgent, and Cold Fury looks pretty good too! Here's my IMM!

http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-my-mailbox-34-weekly-wrap-up.html

~Paige @ Comfort Books

Just a Lil Lost said...

Oh wow! The second one in the trilogy, ARC at least, is already available? I need to get reading fast then!!

Great books this week :) Thanks for stopping by!

Michele | Stacking the Shelves | Paris Giveaway

J.R. said...

AWESOME books this week! I really want to read The Golden Lilly and Cold Fury:) I hope you'll drop by and see what I got this week...

http://jrafterdark.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/stacking-the-shelves-may-12-2012/

Book Flame said...

So many good books hope you enjoy all of them!

Tynga said...

I thought Golden Lily was better then Bloodlines, you need to read them girl!
Happy Reading and thanks for joining Stacking The Shelves!

Lee @ Rally The Readers said...

You're so lucky to have a copy of The Golden Lily! If you loved VA, you'll definitely love Bloodlines. Thanks for stopping by!

Lu said...

OMG you got The Golden Lily!? Enjoy :)

The Muggle
Nominate Your Book Boyfriend

Becky said...

Jealous that you got The Golden Lily. I cannot wait for that book!! I have seen The Taker mentioned quite a few times now. Better look into it :D

My StS

Stéphanie said...

Of course, INSURGENT sounds great! Is it just me or are all the eyes on your book covers this week blue?!

Great haul this week!

Stéphanie from Tynga's Reviews | Stacking the Shelves

Moonlight Gleam said...

YAY for the Golden Lily!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

Happy Reading! NEW FOLLOWER!

Visit my STS HERE!

GABY said...

Everyone got Insurgent last week or this one :/ I'm so jealous, I need to read it fast hehe
Happy reading!

Laura @ The Traveling Owl said...

Golden Lily looks great. I've been bad and haven't read the first one. I need to get on it.

I'm excited about Cold Fury. I think it'll be fun. Happy reading!

Laura @ The Traveling Owl

Alma said...

Natalie, I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed The Taker, and I hope The Reckoning lives up to expectations. Thank you so, so much for your support!
best,
Alma

Eileen (***Singing and Reading in the Rain***) said...

Insurgent was great! I can't wait to see what you think of it and I really want to read Cold Fury! Great haul!

Check out my Stacking the Shelves post!

Ninja Girl said...

Wow, great haul of books!! Those covers for the Katsu books really draw you in 0__0 I'd never heard of them before, but I'll definitely have to check them out now!
HOpe you have a great week,
Ninja Girl

Post a Comment