Tuesday, 19 June 2012

The Reckoning Is Out Today!!!!

I apologize in advance for any emotionally charged gushing or the overuse of exclamation marks, but I just can't contain my excitement any longer.... The Reckoning by Alma Katsu hits store shelves today!!!!!!! I know that I have been shamelessly promoting this book on Facebook and Twitter for the past month, but this series really is that good! All I have to say is thank god that my friend Chelsey finally convinced me to read the first book, The Taker, after singing its praises to me for so long! I can't possibly imagine a world without Lanny, Jonathan, or Adair in my life!!! Even though I received an Advanced Readers Copy of The Reckoning in May from Simon & Schuster, I'll be heading out to the bookstore today to pick up a finished copy for myself. Both The Taker and The Reckoning have easily moved up the ranks as two of my all time favourite works of adult fiction!

Intrigued? Check out my review of both The Taker and The Reckoning! My friend Chelsey also had the great opportunity to interview Alma for the Indigo/Chapters blog! So those of you out there who are looking for a great adult fiction book to curl up with over the summer, look no further then The Taker and The Reckoning! If you aren't already interested I can guarantee you will be after watching this book trailer for The Taker below! Okay.... I think I've gotten my excitement out of my system for now, but I'm sure you'll be hearing more about this trilogy from me in the future (especially when the final book comes out)!! 


3 comments:

Susan said...

I've got both these books, but haven't read them yet. Can you believe that? I need to change that soon. I especially love the covers -- so intriguing!

Hannah said...

This is the book I've been trying to remember for AGES!!!! I remember seeing The Taker on Chesley's blog as well, and thinking I need to read that but I could never remember what it's called - added straight away to the TBR pile!

Chelsey said...

This post makes me smile =) enough said!
Oh and, you're awesome ;).

Post a Comment