Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Debutantes


It’s 1923 and London is a whirl of jazz, dancing and parties. Violet, Daisy, Poppy and Rose Derrington are desperate to be part of it, but stuck in an enormous crumbling house in the country, with no money and no fashionable dresses, the excitement seems a lifetime away.

Luckily the girls each have a plan for escaping their humdrum country life: Rose wants to be a novelist, Poppy a jazz musician and Daisy a famous film director. Violet, however, has only one ambition: to become the perfect Debutante, so that she can go to London and catch the eye of Prince George, the most eligible bachelor in the country.

But a house as big and old as Beech Grove Manor hides many secrets, and Daisy is about to uncover one so huge it could ruin all their plans—ruin everything—forever.

My Thoughts:
I won't lie...the first thing that attracted me to this book was the cover. I think its gorgeous! I became even more excited, however, when I discovered that The Debutantes is set during the jazz era of the 1920s in London! If I could have lived during any time period I think it definitely would have been the roaring 20s! I'm also pretty intrigued about this apparent secret that Daisy apparently uncovers! The Debutantes is set to hit store shelves August 2nd, so not too long left to wait! 

6 comments:

Susan @ Reading World said...

It is an incredible cover. I'd love to get a peek at the book.

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

I really like the cover, but the blurb isn't working for me.. The names are cute though ^^

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

FABR Steph said...

I love historical fiction and London is one of my favorite settings. Thank you for sharing it. I am looking forward to giving it a try. My WOW...

Kate said...

This looks great, I have never seen it before. Great picks. Love the blog, new follower on GFC : )


my WOW

westcoastsoul said...

The cover is beautiful!

Kelly said...

Oooh this one looks gorgeous! 1920s London - YES please!!

Post a Comment