Friday, 20 July 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises

(Spoiler Free!)
One word to describe The Dark Knight Rises? How about EPIC! Even though I may have only gotten 4 hours of sleep last night, going to the midnight showing with some of my friends from school was totally worth it! Christopher Nolan has once again brought the world of Batman to life in a way no other superhero movie has before! Sure, The Avengers and The Amazing Spiderman were action packed and funny, but their plots were no where near as complex and mind bending as that of The Dark Knight Rises. There were so many twists and turns, especially in the last 20 minutes of the movie, that I honestly had no idea what to expect next!

The acting in The Dark Knight Rises was also pretty phenomenal! While I'm not typically an Anne Hathaway fan, I have to admit that she did an amazing job bringing Catwoman's character to life! I was also happy to discover that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character was more prominent in the movie than I had originally anticipated. An interesting twist at the end with his character elicited a gasp from me and had me crossing my fingers that Christopher Nolan was hinting at some kind of spin-off movie (although the chances at that are pretty slim I would imagine).

Now, those of you who are huge fans of The Dark Knight are probably wondering how it compares to The Dark Knight Rises. In my opinion, the plot of The Dark Knight Rises hands down beats out that of The Dark Knight. Keeping that in mind, I will admit, however, that I found Bane to be somewhat boring and uninteresting compared to Heath Ledger's outstanding portrayal of The Joker. The parts featuring Bane were often the least interesting to me, that is until some interesting facts about his life were finally revealed near the end. That isn't to say that Tom Hardy didn't do a good job at acting as Bane, I think he just had a really tough act to follow after Health Ledger's oscar winning performance.

Now that The Dark Knight trilogy is over, I'm kind of sad that I won't have any new Batman movies to look forward to in the future. Who knows how many years it will be until a director is brave enough to challenge Christopher Nolan's masterpiece with an adaptation of their own? On the brightside, however, I have never been as satisfied with the ending of a film trilogy before as I was with The Dark Knight Rises. The last five minutes of the movie ties some of loose strings together and leaves the audience feeling satisfied and amazed. In short: If you are going to see one movie this summer make sure that its The Dark Knight Rises!

Rating: 5 Stars

   

10 comments:

Dan O. said...

Solid review Natalie. This is probably my favorite movie of the year for one reason and one reason only: it was probably, if not, the most epic piece of cinema I have seen in quite some time. Great send-off to everybody’s favorite caped-crusader, even as sad as it may be. Now it’s just time for Superman to hit that big-screen once again.

Jenny said...

I'm so excited to see this one. I wasn't impressed with the last one. But I have high hopes this one will be better.

Ikhlas said...

Wow, great review Natalie!! I'm so jealous :D

Uomo di Speranza said...

I'm so glad it was that good! People are saying THE DARK KNIGHT was much better, but I now think that has something to do with Hardy's performance compared to Ledger's.

Hilary Latham said...

I LOVED The Dark Knight Rises, but I guess I'm just one of those people that think the second movie was the peak of the trilogy. That's just my own personal opinion.

But, although I think the second movie was the best of the three, The Dark Knight Rises really is a close second. If I were to rate the Dark Knight a 9/10, then the Dark Knight Rises is an 8.99.

I thought The Dark Knight Rises was a very satisfying, entertaining, and AMAZING movie, and the perfect ending to a fantastic trilogy. Best movie I've seen this summer hands-down.

Batman forever. That's all.

stargirlreads said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie. My hubby really wants to go see it.

New follower.

Ashley
Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

Sam Kasbrick said...

Great review! I also thought the movie was really good. Just one thing that irked me though was I felt that Bruce Wayne was more Bruce than Batman. I think it was only two or three times that he appeared as the masked superhero. The majority of the movie was Bruce.
- Sam @ SIK Book Reviews

timber decking said...

Another more expensive option for storing especially heavy items is rivet shelving. Also known as bulk rack or boltless shelving, single and double rivet shelving is versatile, stable, and easily accessible.

Jimmy Jarred said...

Amazing ! This movie simply blew me. I am not a superhero movie fan but adore this movie. I am looking forward to buy a DVD of this movie.
Watch The Dark Knight Rises

Cory Fuller said...

This blog post is really great; the standard stuff of the post is genuinely amazing.
anonymous vpn

Post a Comment